Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 05:53 PM   #1
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
How to delete a book file that Kindle won't open and Calibre can't see?

When I click it in Kindle, Kindle wants to open Wikipedia. In the Calibre library, it doesn't show.

I looked through all the folders on the USB-attached device in Windows and saw nothing that was unknown or otherwise might resemble the book.

I don't turn wifi on so I must have dropped it on there manually, but I don't remember if I ever tried to open it previously, before I installed Calibre.

Any ideas as whether Calibre can find it and fix this? I just want to delete it.
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:07 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It's possible that it is stored in a area on your Kindle that calibre has no access to. Since you can try opening it on your Kindle, this would seem to imply that it has an entry in your library listing. Have you tried using the 3 vertical dot menu for that library menu and permanently deleting the book?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:54 PM   #3
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
I don't get a delete option.

See in store
Mark as read
Download
Return to Library (<< It was a library book)
Remove from Collection
Add to/remove from collection

Returning it makes the Kindle want to connect with the mothership. Removing from collection just puts it in the "Uncollected" collection.

Edit: I may be stuck with it because I'm not connecting to Amazon.
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 07:08 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal Bhat View Post
Download
The download option indicates that the book is not actually present on your device. It is in the database of books associated with your account stored in an inaccessible area of your Kindle. There is no way to remove that without connecting to Amazon.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote