Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-16-2023, 12:53 PM   #2926
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Kobo can use internal covers. Since I embed covers, I wasn't 100% sure if it was using the one sent with the device for sideloads.

And where did these come from???
WiFi is always OFF
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 01:18 PM   #2927
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm not sure what you mean. I have wifi turned on but these were sideloads.

But I've seen Kobo use internally-embedded covers on sideloads sometimes. It's noticeable if it differs from the one in your Calibre library.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2023, 02:46 PM   #2928
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. I have wifi turned on but these were sideloads.

But I've seen Kobo use internally-embedded covers on sideloads sometimes. It's noticeable if it differs from the one in your Calibre library.
But where could it get that cover?? There is no pool of covers already loaded? Or are you just seeing a Generic Cover (all my side loads have covers in Calibre)?
Old 06-16-2023, 03:02 PM   #2929
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It was the cover file embedded in the ePub itself.

I have a bunch of books with covers made with Generate Cover and embedded in the ePub. At some point I re-generated them all with a new appearance, but forgot to re-embed them. So for a while afterwards I kept getting the old embedded covers appearing on my Kobo.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-16-2023 at 03:35 PM. Reason: moved sentences around
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 03:20 PM   #2930
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
But where could it get that cover?? There is no pool of covers already loaded? Or are you just seeing a Generic Cover (all my side loads have covers in Calibre)?
If there is an image embedded in the ePub which is flagged in the .opf as the cover, your Kobo should extract that and use it as the cover.

For an ePub 2, you should see the following:
In the metadata section of the .opf document:
Code:
<meta name="cover" content="cover" />
In the manifest section of the .opf document:
Code:
<item id="cover" href="Images/cover.jpeg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
ePub3 is a bit simpler, just look for the 'properties="cover-image"' attribute:
Code:
<item src="images/cover.jpg" id="cover" media-type="image/jpeg" properties="cover-image"/>
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2023, 04:03 PM   #2931
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I was thinking you were talking about a cover less book that you were updating. My bad
Old 07-18-2023, 05:32 AM   #2932
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
What was the reason for this updated driver version 3.6.4?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 05:36 AM   #2933
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
What was the reason for this updated driver version 3.6.4?
From the changelog in the first post of this thread:
Quote:
Version 3.6.4 - 2023-07-17
Fix a timeout error that may occur when processing a large number of books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 04:42 AM   #2934
Rivanov
Rivanov began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I use the Count Pages plugin to show the amount of pages in a custom column in Calibre. I also would like to see the amount of pages on the Details page of a specific book on my Kobo Libra H2O. I'm using the KoboExtendedDriver to send ePub as KePub to my Kobo. But the total amount of pages doesn't show on the Details page.

Is this somehow possible?
Rivanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:16 AM   #2935
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivanov View Post
I use the Count Pages plugin to show the amount of pages in a custom column in Calibre. I also would like to see the amount of pages on the Details page of a specific book on my Kobo Libra H2O. I'm using the KoboExtendedDriver to send ePub as KePub to my Kobo. But the total amount of pages doesn't show on the Details page.

I have an alternate suggestion; I have a custom column which contains the genre and a calculated read-time (e.g., "2.4 hours | Horror"), and I send that as a Subtitle, so it appears in My Books between the book title and the author name. This way I don't even have to open Details.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:13 PM   #2936
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Check page 3 of the customization for either the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended driver. The numbers used to calculate the reading time will need to be changed to come close to your reading time. See the attached image for the setup I use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobotouch_page3.png
Views:	150
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	202945  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 07:11 AM   #2937
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:

I don't use subtitles for books so I'm using that field to show the number of pages on the books page.

Name:	Subtitle.png
Views:	146
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	203176

Name:	bookpage.png
Views:	117
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	203178

To show on the details page, I add it to the metadata plugboard in comments.

Name:	Details.png
Views:	120
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	203177

Name:	DetailsPg.png
Views:	122
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	203179
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 06:19 PM   #2938
Jerry0101
Jerry0101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I created the kobo_extra_AURA.CSS (on calibre plugins folder)
Content:
Code:
div#book-inner {
    font-size: 50em;
}
Sent a book to kobo, it updated all books. Then i changed size to 1.7em and re-tried but it doesn't updates everything anymore.
Do i have to cancel and reupload everything to get the edits done?
Jerry0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:43 AM   #2939
Jerry0101
Jerry0101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0101 View Post
I created the kobo_extra_AURA.CSS (on calibre plugins folder)
Content:
Code:
div#book-inner {
    font-size: 50em;
}
Sent a book to kobo, it updated all books. Then i changed size to 1.7em and re-tried but it doesn't updates everything anymore.
Do i have to cancel and reupload everything to get the edits done?
Nothing? What i'm asking is how to update already uploaded ebooks with the css.
Jerry0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:48 AM   #2940
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Send again after making the change in the Library copy is the only way.

To identify which are on device (when connected) ondevice:true
along with what you need to determine those that still need changes.

Tags
error, kobo aura one