Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-14-2023, 02:04 PM   #2911
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know if you can side load while generating covers. Covers generate very quickly. And while that's going on, I can't do anything else. I get this nice black screen with a bar showing the importing to the database.
The firmware glitch from last year was possibly caused by the cover generation process getting stuck and causing the database to get abruptly shutdown when connecting to USB afterwards. (Restarting the device between connects helped.)
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 07:52 PM   #2912
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The firmware glitch from last year was possibly caused by the cover generation process getting stuck and causing the database to get abruptly shutdown when connecting to USB afterwards. (Restarting the device between connects helped.)
And that (or whatever it was) has since been fixed.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2023, 08:51 PM   #2913
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
I'd know if I had a corrupt database before side loading any more eBooks. I use Kobo Utilities to backup my database and I would get notified that the database was corrupt.
There are actually two databases, and one is encrypted so calibre can't check it.

Quote:
I don't know if you can side load while generating covers. Covers generate very quickly. And while that's going on, I can't do anything else. I get this nice black screen with a bar showing the importing to the database.
Covers are not generated during book import. Generation is triggered on demand when you pull up the booklist. I don't know if it only generates what you display or if it keeps going down the list, but it does do it in the background without freezing other parts of the UI.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 09:02 PM   #2914
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I didn't realize that. New books appear on the homepage of the device, which appears right after import-- if you're quick you can see the switch from a generic cover. Hence why I thought it was triggered by the import process.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:24 AM   #2915
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, I didn't realize that. New books appear on the homepage of the device, which appears right after import-- if you're quick you can see the switch from a generic cover. Hence why I thought it was triggered by the import process.
Ya, displaying the book on the home screen would also trigger cover generation.
Advert
Old 06-15-2023, 04:40 AM   #2916
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The KoboTouchExtended and KoboTouch drivers have an option to "Upload black and white covers" and to "Upload dithered covers".

So if turned on, the covers would already be on the Kobo.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:27 PM   #2917
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
The KoboTouchExtended and KoboTouch drivers have an option to "Upload black and white covers" and to "Upload dithered covers".

So if turned on, the covers would already be on the Kobo.
Thats assuming a) calibre has covers for them and b) they were added to the device with calibre since the last database reset.
Old 06-15-2023, 06:33 PM   #2918
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Are covers included in the initial send? Some metadata, subtitles and series and the like, require a secondary send.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:11 PM   #2919
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
Are covers included in the initial send? Some metadata, subtitles and series and the like, require a secondary send.
IF there is a cover in calibre, the driver sends the cover with the book, it doesn't need to wait for import. There may be a way to enable/disable this behavior however.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:06 PM   #2920
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
IF there is a cover in calibre, the driver sends the cover with the book, it doesn't need to wait for import. There may be a way to enable/disable this behavior however.
It's here

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-06-15 21_06_17-Customize KoboTouchExtended.png
Views:	61
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	202060
Old 06-15-2023, 08:07 PM   #2921
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Bug report: The tooltip for 'ignore collections' is wrong and references the 'create collections' option.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:43 PM   #2922
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Covers are there, even without the second connect.
That ads series and collections
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 08:54 PM   #2923
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'd need to double-check, but I think I get the collection without a second connect. Subtitles and series are the two missing bits I mostly notice.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:22 AM   #2924
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I don't always double-connect to Calibre and I do get the covers.

If the covers were not sent with the books, wouldn't the covers be generated while the books were being imported tot he database?
Old 06-16-2023, 12:05 PM   #2925
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Kobo can use internal covers. Since I embed covers, I wasn't 100% sure if it was using the one sent with the device for sideloads.

Tags
error, kobo aura one