Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-11-2023, 03:02 AM   #2941
Jerry0101
Jerry0101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks, I managed to do it already.
What i find problematic now is that with the new kepub font size kepubs read fine (my problem was that they were or to small or too big) but for Pocket articles I need to enlarge font everytime i open one because of the size difference.
Any reccomended font size for kepubs? Using Kobo Aura 1st Gen (kobo n514)
Jerry0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 06:13 AM   #2942
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0101 View Post
Thanks, I managed to do it already.
What i find problematic now is that with the new kepub font size kepubs read fine (my problem was that they were or to small or too big) but for Pocket articles I need to enlarge font everytime i open one because of the size difference.
Any reccomended font size for kepubs? Using Kobo Aura 1st Gen (kobo n514)
When opening a book with no font settings, it'll take them from the last-read book. To prevent this, I use Kobo Utilities to set the font on all books ahead of time (size 36, margins of 6).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-11-2023 at 06:16 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 06:19 PM   #2943
Jerry0101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
When opening a book with no font settings, it'll take them from the last-read book. To prevent this, I use Kobo Utilities to set the font on all books ahead of time (size 36, margins of 6).
Thanks. 35 is definitely too big, even 1,7 is too big for kobo aura gen1, maybe all those kobo manage things differently. I use 1.5 and it's almost the same as 1.7.
But the problem with pocket articles/ebook size seems not be a problem in the end, kobo seems to remember the articles preferred size somehow. For now i'll keep the CSS this way, thank you.
Old 10-18-2023, 04:31 PM   #2944
Jerry0101

At this point i know it's an impossibile mission, but still: to Kobo Aura gen1, kepubs converted through kobotouchextended have wrong page count, (rougly every 2 pages if i turn it's still the same number) chapter page is always ok.
Tried to fix with bug auto-correct with "edit book", no result.
Just kobo format is not ok, gets wrong page count with preferred font size.
Sideloaded trough kepubify are ok.
But i want to use the plugin bcs so i can fix text size trough the kobo_extra_AURA.css.
Tried to clear the kobo_extra_AURA.css, the text returns to standard size but no result on page count.
It's frustrating bcs before i made any edit to .css and who knows what else, i remeber the page count of kepubs was right!
Last version of calibre and kobo fw.

I attach plugin config and installed plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2023-10-18 224035.png
Views:	102
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	204337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2023-10-18 224059.png
Views:	95
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	204338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2023-10-18 224117.png
Views:	93
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	204339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2023-10-18 224125.png
Views:	92
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	204340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2023-10-18 224203.png
Views:	112
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	204341  

Last edited by Jerry0101; 10-18-2023 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2023, 06:17 PM   #2945
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0101 View Post
At this point i know it's an impossibile mission, but still: to Kobo Aura gen1, kepubs converted through kobotouchextended have wrong page count, (rougly every 2 pages if i turn it's still the same number) chapter page is always ok.
Tried to fix with bug auto-correct with "edit book", no result.
Just kobo format is not ok, gets wrong page count with preferred font size.
Sideloaded trough kepubify are ok.
But i want to use the plugin bcs so i can fix text size trough the kobo_extra_AURA.css.
Tried to clear the kobo_extra_AURA.css, the text returns to standard size but no result on page count.
It's frustrating bcs before i made any edit to .css and who knows what else, i remeber the page count of kepubs was right!
Last version of calibre and kobo fw.

I attach plugin config and installed plugin.
The last picture tells me a story.
Unless you have never used a Kobo or configured a the plugin, that is the DEFAULT. Calibre save USER configurations in the configuration folder .

Connect your device: Right-click the device Icon: <it looks the same from here on>
There are other configurations on the Kobo Utilities Icon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 06:33 PM   #2946
Jerry0101

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The last picture tells me a story.
Unless you have never used a Kobo or configured a the plugin, that is the DEFAULT. Calibre save USER configurations in the configuration folder .

Connect your device: Right-click the device Icon: <it looks the same from here on>
There are other configurations on the Kobo Utilities Icon
I checked, the configuration is extactly the same for the device

I would gladly send you all the config folder but i know it's asking too much to check every aspect of it plus not having the device in hand

Last edited by Jerry0101; 10-18-2023 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:22 PM   #2947
Inaarahistic
Inaarahistic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra 2
What do I do next

I downloaded this plugin, also the KoboUtilities and some other that was recomended. I am using Calibre and Kobo libra 2. The problem is that I am super new to this and I don't know what to do next. What can I do?

I did convert the books to Kepub using the converter in calibre, and I thought something would change in my reader, but it did not. I think I am completely misunderstanding this. And all of that python/css is so foreign to me.
Inaarahistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 09:29 PM   #2948
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
This plugin isn't necessary to use a Kobo reader. The built-in Kobo plugin will work perfectly fine if you don't want the specific enhancements of the KePub renderer. This extension just modifies the book internals and saves files to the reader with the right extension so the Kobo reader will use the KePub renderer instead of the ePub renderer. The Readme file talks about the benefits of that, and the potential downsides.

Quote:
When viewing a KePub book on a Kobo reader, a different viewer displays the contents than an ePub file. The main benefits of using the KePub viewer are:

- Page numbers show the number of page turns remaining in the current chapter instead of the estimated number of pages for the entire book.
- Reading statistics (time left in this chapter, time for the next chapter, time to complete the book)
- The book title is at the top of each page.
- The chapter title, if any, is at the bottom of each page with the page numbers.

Depending on your preferences, there are some areas where the ePub renderer is a better choice than the KePub renderer:

- Better hyphenation. The KePub renderer sometimes hyphenates words in the wrong place if they have trailing punctuation.
- Full justification works. The KePub renderer sometimes doesn't correctly justify lines with symbols represented by HTML entities (such as em-dashes or ellipses).
- Embedded fonts are better supported.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 06:12 AM   #2949
Hortensia
Enthusiast
Hortensia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Hello, I am trying to customize the "series" display on my Kobo Libra 2. I am using KoboTouchExtended.

From what I understand, the field "series" in Calibre is directly used by the Kobo. However, I have several collections in Calibre and I would like to dispaly something like "collection - series_name".

I created a custom column "series display" but I cannot send it to the Kobo, even using a metadata plugboard (I load the ebooks, let Kobo process them and then reconnect to Calibre to update the series information).

Does someone has an idea on how to proceed? Thank you!

EDIT: After a lot of tests and errors, I ended up using the Action Chains pluggin to modify the content of the Calibre "series" column as I needed. I am not certain this is the best solution as I had to create a custom series column for my metadata plugboard containig the data originally meant for the "series" column.

Last edited by Hortensia; 12-25-2023 at 12:49 PM.
Hortensia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 03:08 PM   #2950
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Plugboard is NOT needed for series (and may be your issue)

Sending Series requires you fill in the configuration (Series must be ticked) of the connected device.
Books with Series is a 2 stage operation.
1)Send the books, then Eject(Processing makes the database place we need)
2)connect again, wait for Jobs to complete. Eject
There should be Series shown *and you can sort By Series
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 04:04 PM   #2951
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortensia View Post
Hello, I am trying to customize the "series" display on my Kobo Libra 2. I am using KoboTouchExtended.

From what I understand, the field "series" in Calibre is directly used by the Kobo. However, I have several collections in Calibre and I would like to dispaly something like "collection - series_name".

I created a custom column "series display" but I cannot send it to the Kobo, even using a metadata plugboard (I load the ebooks, let Kobo process them and then reconnect to Calibre to update the series information).

Does someone has an idea on how to proceed? Thank you!

EDIT: After a lot of tests and errors, I ended up using the Action Chains pluggin to modify the content of the Calibre "series" column as I needed. I am not certain this is the best solution as I had to create a custom series column for my metadata plugboard containig the data originally meant for the "series" column.
As far as I can tell the Kobo driver sends the unmodified series. No choice for something else.

However, you can easily create another set of collections with the values you want using a template. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=346321. You might want to prefix the "collection - series name" text with some fixed value so they sort together in the kobo collections screen, such as (in random pseudo code) "My Series: " & collection_name & ' - ' and series.

As for your edit, if that works for you then fine. I wouldn't want to flop the series name back and forth.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 07:22 AM   #2952
Hortensia
Enthusiast
Hortensia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you! This is a very good idea!
Hortensia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 08:06 PM   #2953
serlex
serlex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Right way to configure KoboTouchExtended in my setup

Hello to all. Until a few days ago I didn't have an ebook and I'm trying to configure my setup using a kobo device.

my setup is like this:readarr -> calibre -> database <- calibre-web (kobo sync) -> kobo

I seek help from anyone using kobotouchectended and calibre-web!

How is the conversion to kepub using KoboTouchExtended handled when using Kobo Sync?

is it configured at Calibre or Calibre-web? who is the one doing the conversion?
serlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 09:42 AM   #2954
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
A request ...

In the main menu, add "..." to "Update metadata in device library".
And add some verbiage that only selected books are updated.

Thank you for listening.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 08:38 AM   #2955
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
book-inner

I don't know if I'm in the right thread but it is about the addition to some html files of <div class="book-inner"> when the epub is sent to the device as kepub.

My question: why <div class="book-inner"> is added to some of the files of the kepub and not all of them? I try to find what is different between those files without success.
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one