Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
ray-reid
ray-reid began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone (Kindle)
Smile "The Half Broken Crown" on Kindle - A Fantasy Novel

Hi All

I've just found this site and it looks like a fantastic place for fans of ebooks so I thought I join and share some information on my own works (and to take part in lots of other discussions!). I am excited to share my latest fantasy novel, The Half Broken Crown with the world at the great price of $1.99 - here's the official blurb if you're interested:

Quote:
The Dwarf Wars may be over, but the world is still bathed in flame. The old kingdom is fading, breaking apart under its own weight. All across the land once loyal territories are declaring their independence, setting up their own monarchs, and raising armies. But the old magic does not die easily and forces beyond common understanding are on the move. The world is breaking. The crown lies shattered. Heroes will rise.
To give you a bit of background on me, I actually started my career as an independent author several years ago and I even managed to secure a reasonable amount of success until a change in my personal circumstances forced me to retire. But since then I've started writing again and would love to start getting feedback. I'm hoping to turn this book into the first in a series, but as it stands it works perfectly well as a standalone volume - if you're a fan of Tolkien, Robert Jordan or Terry Brooks you may very well enjoy this. If you're interested check out The Half Broken Crown here

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-30-2010 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Title clarification
ray-reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I think i read this on another forum
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:43 AM   #3
ray-reid

Hi Cheerio - I also post at kindleboards.com - if you use that site you may have seen me there
Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
ray-reid

Hi All

Just wanted to give you a quick update on how The Half Broken Crown is getting on. Since I uploaded a week ago sales have been nice and steady and have actually started to take an upward swing - it just broke the top 10,000 for the first time and is #69 in the mythology chart - whilst hardly enough to set the world on fire I'm really elated to see people buying and (presumably) reading the book.

But, I'm curious - please bear in mind that I am new to the world of kindle - what do you suppose is driving customers to my book? Other than a post here, a couple on the amazon boards, and a post on one other forum I've done little to no actual promotion. Reviews have yet to come in, so I don't think there is any real word of mouth on the go so I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what might be bringing readers over? To anyone who has bought the book, I really hope you're enjoying it Smiley
Old 04-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Everytime I read: 'The half broken crown on kindle' - I think: 'where's the crown on the kindle?'

I know.... it's too silly...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Everytime I read: 'The half broken crown on kindle' - I think: 'where's the crown on the kindle?'

Good point. Edited for title clarification.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
ray-reid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post

Hehe, good point - but at least is sticks in your mind

Tags
fantasy, kindle, tolkien