Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 AM   #16
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I would really like to get an eBook, so I'll enter the contest because...
• I'm a poor student, that can't afford one, and since I'm reading a lot of scientific litterature and doing casual reading, a dedicated reader would be *awesome*! Using a computer screen is pretty hard on the eyes.
• The contest is not focused on US-only users this time, which actually gives me a chance to win.
• I would be able to read eBooks in the sun - Knowledge plus getting a tan, priceless!
• My friends always come to me, when they need help with new technological gadgets.. So in order to help them regarding eBooks (And MobileRead users of course!), I need an eBook reader!
• In my country, eBook readers aren't available, so even if I could afford one, I would have to buy it on Amazon..
• Even though I don't even have an eBook, im already addicted to the eBook world and MobileRead.com! I even do the danish translations for OpenInkpot, without any way of testing it!
• I'm the kindest person on the boards! ^_^
• I could read on my couch, instead of in front of my computer. That would give me some time with my girlfriend, so while I would be happy with my new eBook, she would also be happy because of the physical contact..

If I win, I would like a Bookeen Cybook Gen3, pretty pretty please..

PS: Posted the contest link on my Facebook account!

Last edited by David Munch; 06-16-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #17
furrycute
furrycute began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
I have been a long time lurker on this forum. This giveaway finally drew me out and I registered!

I am still in school, I really like to have an ebook to lighten the load in my back pack. As such, I would like to have a Sony PRS-700 if I am the winner, for its built in PDF capability.
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I'd like to win a Sony PRS-505. I already have one, but I'd like to give this to my mum as she's the reason why I read so much and I don't think she'll ever be in a position to get herself one.

Plus, it will reduce the amount of time I have to spend on the phone explaining how e-Ink screens work and why I prefer my 505 to pbooks to someone who's never seen one, which will give me more time to read!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #19
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I'm entering the giveaway! You should pick me because I live in Japan (but am a Canadian resident) and I could introduce the wondrous world of e-book reading to a country of 100 million people who are still stuck reading novels on their cell phones! If we could get the Japanese on board then that would give Sony a kick in the pants and we'd be more likely to see an improved Sony Reader!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #20
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
I want to enter this giveaway.

It should be me who wins the PRS-700 because I've recently discovered that its metal body is just the right size, shape, and density that it can be be struck with a series of tuning forks and salamis to produce a harmonic frequency that a dormant team of extraterrestrial visitors waiting deep beneath the tallgrass prairies of Iowa is trained to detect and follow (after extensive upward digging) to initiate first contact with the human race.
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #21
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
  • Amazon Kindle 2
  • Sony Reader PRS-700
  • Sony Reader PRS-505
  • Bookeen Cybook Gen3
  • Endless Ideas BeBook 1
  • Ectaco jetBook
Because my eyes were drawn to the first letter of each item in the list, and, well, the result just called out to me.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #22
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Because my eyes were drawn to the first letter of each item in the list, and, well, the result just called out to me.
Extra points for changing your user title to said result.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #23
Aurelian
Uniting the Roman empire
Aurelian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
I want to enter this giveaway as I graduated with a Master's in English Literature. Books are simply in my blood -- but I often can't take my library with me! I would love to have access to Jude the Obscure and Wuthering Heights on the same flight without worrying about whether or not they'll fit in my bag.

A Sony Reader PRS-700 would be my ultimate solution for this and would likely spur me on to reading those books I haven't touched from my favourite authors.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #24
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
I'm entering the giveaway
I need to win because:
- In order to give advice on the best device I need actual comparison material.
- It's almost my birthday
- I love to read!
- I love gadgets!
- I love mobileread!
- I love to win!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #25
Ezmegaz
Ezmegaz began at the beginning.

Device: none - phone whit ebook reader software
I'm want to ente the giveaway!

Why shoud i win?

1. Becouse if i win, i will make a video blog whit my new e-book reader excusively for mobileread =).

2. In my country there is no chance to buy any e-book reader device (i live in Slovakia, But im Hungaryan).

3. BECOUSE I LOVE BOOKS!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #26
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
If you give me the reader, I won't write any more Red stories....

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-11-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Alex : please note that we must exceptionally disqualify RSE to preserve future litterary creation. ;) best, zelda.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #27
chanze
Nameless Being

This is easy. I currently have a Kindle2. I upgraded from reading on a palm device. I now have to steal time on the e-book from the wife who uses it as well. A second one for her would do away with my pain.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #28
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
I would love to enter the contest...

I would love to have a reader, preferably a Sony 505 to give to one of the gals at work. She is a single Mom living on a tight budget. She reads voraciously, but only books that are given to her by other co-workers, or books from the library.

She thinks my Reader is awesome, and I know she would benefit from having one. She cannot affort to buy one, so winning one would be a real treat for her.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #29
Tomoe
Tomoe is on a distinguished road

Hi Alexander and the rest of the mobileread team.

Why I should be The One? Well, I can't dodge bullets, but I also can't dodge the fact that currently I just can't afford to buy an eInk reader. Thus I'm stuck with an old PDA which, as we all know, is no match for eInk screens. And to top that off, recently it has developed quite a few dead pixels which makes reading on it even harder.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #30
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I should win because I'm the most handsome.

Here is a recent picture of me*:

*actual image may not represent reality in any way or shape whatsoever**

**in fact it is guaranteed not to represent reality in any way or shape
Closed Thread