Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
johnchris
johnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to beholdjohnchris is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle DX; Sony DPT-S1
Could this be the DPT-S2

Received a survey from Sony and saw this!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dpts1.png
Views:	766
Size:	495.6 KB
ID:	155814  
johnchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
looks questionable when the description below the picture is all messed up.
it says the left is A4 (13") and the right is A5 (10"). yet the right is larger than the left.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #3
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Something is coming this summer. Either 10" or 13". Hope it's not like reMarkable.
Can't imagine all the legal clients anotating PDFs on less then A4 display.
Would you have a link to the survey?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
That's interesting... Dasung, Remarkable and Onyx already confirmed that a new big screen device will be released this summer, and now Sony is baking something as well. There were some gossips for some time but this is the first solid info I saw.

However if they go with only pdf support again and a little better specs with ridiculous price tag, that won't be enough - the competition is fierce already. Will see!
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
The images look legit as far as I can tell. The bevels are slightly different widths and are not copies of each other. Weird that Sony would leak it like this, but hey, that's Sony.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #6
aydio
aydio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Flush bezel with a white casing (not that important) and this is the ultimate device. Regardless though, it's gonna be an instant buy. I wonder if it's still the Mobius or the new Carta screen.
aydio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #7
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I like it too. I have been waiting for a 10-inch Android device with a plastic screen. I understand why some professions need 13 inches (no sexual innuendo intended :-)), but I think 10 in. is the perfect size for a lot of people who like taking handwritten notes and occasionally read A4-size pdfs (usually readable if the margins are hidden).
I agree with SnowRipple that pdf support alone is not going to cut it. At least epub should be supported, but preferably all the usual suspects. I would prefer Android for that reason: everyone needs something different, and needs change over time as well. For example, 6 months ago I would have been happy with just reading and scribble support, but now I use a dictionary on a daily basis. Onyx has proven that Android need not eat the battery, either: I can use my M96 for several days intensively before needing to recharge, and the standby time is weeks rather than days. If only someone could crack the issue of unbearable lag when handwriting in Android apps (Everynote, OneNote, Keep, LectureNotes, you name it), that would be great. It's not inherent to e-ink, as we have seen...
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:21 AM   #8
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Looks very interesting! Good catch.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Something is coming this summer. Either 10" or 13". Hope it's not like reMarkable.
Can't imagine all the legal clients anotating PDFs on less then A4 display.
Would you have a link to the survey?
yes. please.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote