Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
mgreis
mgreis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Editing e-books created by news feeds

Hi,

I'm new to using the editor and am looking for some guidance on the best way to edit/extract items from e-books created by Calibre's news feeds.

For example, my feed of the blogs from the Harvard Business Review produces an e-book with 10-15 items. After I read them, I often find one or two that I want to keep for future reference. Ideally, I'd like to place them in a separate e-book by topic, over time perhaps accumulating a number of items in different e-books by subject ("management of technology", "finance"....).

Is there a way to create a blank template for each feed, then copy individual articles (HTML files) from one file to the other? Presumably I could export each file I wanted, then re-import it, but how do I handle the navigation?

I realize I have much to learn about using the editor - it is very powerful - but I would appreciate any guidance on the most effective process to do the extraction/creation of new e-books from the e-books produced by the news feeds.

Thanks!

Michael
mgreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Have you considered using the epubsplit plugin?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
mgreis
mgreis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
epubsplit/epubmerge

Kovid,

I hadn't, but it probably should have occurred to me to check the plugins. I see that both epubsplit and epubmerge are available. I'll try them both.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Michael
mgreis is offline   Reply With Quote