Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
big-zam2
big-zam2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
sigil does not work

First, my native language is to tell you that it is not in English.

Please tell me in simple English.

I am using the 64bit version of Windows7.

I have installed in Sigil-0.7.1-Windows-Setup, sigil is not start.

I'm guessing it would be a configuration problem of Windows.

Please tell me the settings that may be an obstacle to starting the sigil
big-zam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Did you get it from:
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/list

This is the official download site. I too am running Windows 7, 64 bit and it installed and is running on this computer.

Sometimes antivirus programs can interfere with installation. You can try turning off the antivirus program temporarily while you install Sigil.

If these ideas do not work, please tell us what message you are getting when you try to start Sigil.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
big-zam2

>mrmikel

I appreciate the quick response.
While installing the sigil, I tried to turn off antivirus program temporarily.
After installation, the sigil folder is created in the Program Files (x86) , a shortcut is created on the desktop.
And, files of the extension EPUB, icon will sigil.
However, if you double-click the file and Sigil.exe, shortcuts, EPUB, the program does not start.
not an error message.
sigil will not do any response.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
I don't have any problem with Sigil running on my Windows 7x64. You might try reinstalling it (probably should first uninstall the original installation and reboot, then download from the Sigil web site and install that file)
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #5
big-zam2

>bobcdy

Thank you for reply me.
I have uninstalled.
After installed from stopping the firewall.
but, did not start sigil.

I Do I have to change the settings from msconfig?
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
bladex01
bladex01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 Touch
I have the same problem and i described HERE post 3.
Wen 0.7.1 won't start ,delete hole C:\Documents and Settings\USER\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil , start 0.6.2 , close it and then start 0.7.1

Waiting next release of sigil.
bladex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
BruceWDarby
BruceWDarby began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba Thrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-zam2 View Post
>bobcdy

Thank you for reply me.
I have uninstalled.
After installed from stopping the firewall.
but, did not start sigil.

I Do I have to change the settings from msconfig?
Did you try right-clicking on the Sigil icon and selecting Run As Administrator?
BruceWDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It isn't necessary to run as administrator and it will ask for permission every time you click on the icon to run Sigil.

I think that bladex01 probably has the right idea, but I'd save the files somewhere else before deleting them, in case some files, like the user dictionaries, are salvageable.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #9
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
I too am running Windows 7x64. I just ran the Windows installation tonight from the Sigil website (http://code.google.com/p/sigil/), and it started and ran with no problems.

You mentioned a firewall. I wonder if it's some setting in your firewall and/or your AV or anti-malware program that is preventing it from starting. Perhaps your AV software thinks it is a virus and has quarantined it?
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #10
mrmikel
Color me gone

If Under the Covers is right, then it may be possible to configure the firewall to alert you any time it blocks something. This might be helpful in seeing if it is the problem.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #11
big-zam2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladex01 View Post
I have the same problem and i described HERE post 3.
Wen 0.7.1 won't start ,delete hole C:\Documents and Settings\USER\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil , start 0.6.2 , close it and then start 0.7.1

Waiting next release of sigil.
thank you
0.6.2 is start successfully?
0.7.1 is not start?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
big-zam2

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials
Old 04-06-2013, 03:26 AM   #13
bladex01
bladex01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 Touch
On 2 different systems with Win7x64 have this bug. Sigil 0.7.1 wont start. First start 0.6.2 to create config files in C:\Documents and Settings\USER\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\.., after that sigil 0.7.1 start normal. But after some time (or after restart ) 0.7.1 wont start again. The procedure is the same - delete all files in config dir, start 0.6.2 and after that start again 0.7.1.
I'm not using firewall.
Have another bug in 0.6.2 and 0.7.1. If in clipboard have some info, after closing Sigil this info saved in sigil.ini and file may expand to 10, 20, ...50 MBs. Its confusing.

Thats it. Will see next release.

Last edited by bladex01; 04-06-2013 at 03:30 AM.
bladex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladex01 View Post
Have another bug in 0.6.2 and 0.7.1. If in clipboard have some info, after closing Sigil this info saved in sigil.ini and file may expand to 10, 20, ...50 MBs. Its confusing.

Thats it. Will see next release.
Wow!
I can confirm that the System clipboard is being stored in the Sigil ini on XP

Spoiler:
clipboardringhistory=</div>, </span>, "<span class=\"calibre9\">", sec tion, ques tions, "<p class=\"calibre2\">", x-font-truetype, " font-family: \"Times New Roman\", serif;\n", "\nRelease: 0.9.26 [05 Apr, 2013]\nNew Features\n\n PDF Output: Allow using templates to create arbitrary headers and footers. Look under PDF Output in the conversion dialog for this feature.\n ToC Editor: Allow generating the ToC directly from individual files inside the ebook. Useful for EPUBs that have individual chapters in single files.\n\n Closes tickets: 1163520\n ToC Editor: Add buttons to indent/unindent the current entry\n ToC Editor: Right-click menu to perform various useful actions on entries in the ToC\n Column icons: Allow use of wide images as column icons\n Add USB ids for the Palm Pre2 and Samsung Galaxy phone to the device drivers\n\n Closes tickets: 1162293, 1163115\n\nBug Fixes\n\n PDF Output: Fix generating page numbers causing links to not work.\n\n Closes tickets: 1162573\n Wrong filename output in error message when 'Guide reference not found'\n\n Closes tickets: 1163659\n Get Books: Update Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Waterstones and Gutenberg store plugins for website change\n PDF Output: Fix 1 pixel wide left and top margins on the cover page for some PDF conversions due to incorrect rounding.\n\n Closes tickets: 1162054\n ToC Editor: Fix drag and drop of multiple items resulting in the dropped items being in random order sometimes.\n\n Closes tickets: 1161999\n\nNew news sources\n\n AM730 by Eddie Lau\n Arret sur images by Francois D\n Diario de Noticias by Jose Pinto\n\nImproved news sources\n\n Financial Times UK\n Sing Tao Daily\n Apple Daily\n A List Apart\n Business Week\n Harpers printed edition\n Harvard Business Review\n\n", "display: block;", "\tdisplay: block;\n", "font-family: Charis, \"Times New Roman\", Verdana, Arial;", "The Infernal Devices ", 'Futura Condensed Light', fn, "class=\"nornal\"", "DG834GT ", "<small class=\"calibre19\">", bold, AL
(if you recognize some of the content , you can figure I never got that (intentionally) near an E-PUB under edit.

I see a mix of my SYSTEMS clipboard (mostly Firefox) usage mixed in with a few Sigil CSS edits
IMHO having the clipboard contents scatter (elsewhere in the FS)-stored is not a great security feature IMHO it is a SEVER compromise of data security.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Yes, the Clipboard History feature specifically allows you to use any copies you do elsewhere so you can paste items easily into Sigil. If it's picking up 50MB of copies, then that's a lot of copying, and it may be that the history needs to be in a separate .ini file to avoid making the main .ini file too large or mixing the temporary history with configuration settings.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote