Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #31
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Ben, let us know what you think of it.

The blurb on Amazon's webpage suggests to me that it is chicklit, which I wouldn't be interested in.
There is a flavor of romance about the story (which also featured in the movie) but it's not quite the traditional love story I don't think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #32
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I bought it yesterday, even though I own the hardcover and have read it multiple times. I would say it's very romantic, but wouldn't call it chicklit.

BTW, for those of you who are familiar with the book and/or movie, see if you can spot the mistake in the foreword. It has to do with how the Captain became a ghost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Ben, let us know what you think of it.

The blurb on Amazon's webpage suggests to me that it is chicklit, which I wouldn't be interested in.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #33
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I bought it yesterday, even though I own the hardcover and have read it multiple times. I would say it's very romantic, but wouldn't call it chicklit.

BTW, for those of you who are familiar with the book and/or movie, see if you can spot the mistake in the foreword. It has to do with how the Captain became a ghost.
I did notice that. Of course they changed a number of things when they wrote the screenplay as well so it's easy to miss that detail.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote