Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
carnesir
carnesir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader prs 650
problem adding books to t2 using calibre

I have just gotten a new sony reader PRS T2 for Christmas. Yesterday, I had no problem adding books using calibre but today every time I try to add a new book it deletes the last book I added. Has anyone come across this problem and what can I do to fix it? I can still add multiple books to my PRS 650 with calibre without any problems. Any advice gratefully accepted.
carnesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnesir View Post
I have just gotten a new sony reader PRS T2 for Christmas. Yesterday, I had no problem adding books using calibre but today every time I try to add a new book it deletes the last book I added.
I've never had that problem, except when I had titles that were exactly the same. It thought they were the same book, and would add the new one and remove the old one.

What are you seeing that says the previously added book has been deleted? Maybe you're seeing something different happen than I saw.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
carnesir

When I add another book, a tick appears next to that book and disappears from the last book added. When I then check the list of books on the reader, I can no longer find that book on the reader. I thought maybe it was because I was originally trying to add different books by the same author but it happened with books with nothing in common.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I never use calibre to add books to my T2, I drag and drop them as I don't care for the folders that calibre uses. Maybe you should notify the calibre folks about the bug.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I always use Calibre with my T2, and haven't seen this problem. I don't usually pay attention to the "Last Added" on the device, so am not sure what would be normal.

How many books do you have on it, and how many are you trying to add? Are you adding to main memory or SD card?

So when you 'Send to Device' from Calibre, it says the book is there. But when you go to the device, you don't see it?

Do you have it set up to use your "Tags" Column as book collections? Could it be in there?

Have you done a 'search' for the title? Is it not showing up after a search?

When I get the time, I'll plug mine in and see what it does.
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
DuskyRose
Guru

I plugged mine in and sent four new books to it through Calibre. They all four show up on the "Recently Added" line. Disconnected, played with it a bit, then reconnected and added one more book. It showed up as a new book in the "Recently Added" line on the left, pushing the other new books over one.

This was in Main Memory, and with about 700mb left on the device. Are you sure you're "Eject this Device" to unplug it, and not just pulling the cable out?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Skillganon
Connoisseur
Skillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony prs 600 and T2
I just bought a T2 to replace an aging 600, it works fine with calibre and I have so far loaded 1700 books into the main memory on the device.

I highlight the books to load and then drag them over and drop on the device in the to line of the calibre page..

What I have found is that the disconect this device button does cause a problem so I no longer use it, instead I wait until the jobs are complete and then just disconect.

I use the tags feature to organise the books into author groupings before I transfer tem
Skillganon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
carnesir

There are currently 216 books on the ereader. All books are sent to the main memory as I haven't inserted a memory card. If I highlight more than one book, it will only send one book. Any time I send a book over, I can no longer find the previous book I added.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnesir View Post
There are currently 216 books on the ereader. All books are sent to the main memory as I haven't inserted a memory card. If I highlight more than one book, it will only send one book. Any time I send a book over, I can no longer find the previous book I added.
Something may be wrong with the machine, or some problem between Calibre and an old version of the firmware?

You may need to do a hard reset and start over, to clear up any glitches anyway.

Do you have the latest Firmware version? I have Version 1.0.04.11081 on mine. You can go to http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...3#/downloadTab

And chose your system and install it if you don't have it already. Then follow directions.

If you're going to start from scratch, now would be the time to install an upgrade. Othewise, I don't know why it would be happening. I haven't see that one before.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #10
carnesir

I'll try a hard reset and update the firmware. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
carnesir

Tried the hard reset with no improvement. Followed the link for the system update but getting an error message that another application running even when I don't. However, my ereader automatically updated the software to 1.0.05.12140 when I set it up on Tuesday. Does this supersede the 1.0.04.11081 update or is it something different.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #12
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
I have T2 1.0.05.12140 since yesterday and I had a simlar problem right after the firmware update. I added four books throgh calibre and they didn't show up on my "recend added" list.

I just restarted my Sony Reader and everything was fine again. And it didn't happen again since then..
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
carnesir

So I connected my ereader to a laptop with calibre and was able to send over mutliple books without problem. Based on that I decided to reset the settings on calibre which I've done and am trying to rebuild my library but it seems to have taken care of the glitch *fingers crossed*. If I want to set it up so I know which part of series a book is in what is the best way to do this?