Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #31
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is sad! I was hoping the PW would be just as good but the reports and I am reading alot of QC issues with the PW.
Maybe I should get another K4B and a KFHD and call it good.
Yeah, I was bummed about it as well. The contrast is good, just not quite as good as on the K4B. Mind you, that's with the light set on zero. When the light is at 10 or higher, the background is brighter than on the K4B, so even though the font is not as black, the contrast is probably about the same due to the lighter background.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #32
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
It's strange. When I bought my K4S (three trys) I sent feedback to Amazon complaing about the screen quality. I told them I would pay a little more for an improved screen. So what did they do? They came out with the K4B for less money, and a better screen. They just won't listen.
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyd View Post
It's strange. When I bought my K4S (three trys) I sent feedback to Amazon complaing about the screen quality. I told them I would pay a little more for an improved screen. So what did they do? They came out with the K4B for less money, and a better screen. They just won't listen.
I think I am going to buy another one for backup. I was going to get a PW but decided against it. Black text is important to me. I need it to read with.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Yeah, I was bummed about it as well. The contrast is good, just not quite as good as on the K4B. Mind you, that's with the light set on zero. When the light is at 10 or higher, the background is brighter than on the K4B, so even though the font is not as black, the contrast is probably about the same due to the lighter background.
This is why I have decided not to get one. I need black text otherwise I wont be happy. I can't see paying $119 for something I wont be happy with because I am super picky. I'll get a KFHD instead.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #35
laura99
laura99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I went to Best Buy yesterday and bought the K4B. Wow, what a difference. Mine is more of a cream background as well, and the text is much darker than my old K4. I have already moved my skin over to it

Blossom, curious as to what custom font you are using? I am thinking experimenting with some different fonts.

I am glad I found this thread! I was bummed when I tried the PW and was not thrilled with the touch. I was all set for getting a better Kindle, and I did, but for much less cost!
laura99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura99 View Post
I went to Best Buy yesterday and bought the K4B. Wow, what a difference. Mine is more of a cream background as well, and the text is much darker than my old K4. I have already moved my skin over to it

Blossom, curious as to what custom font you are using? I am thinking experimenting with some different fonts.

I am glad I found this thread! I was bummed when I tried the PW and was not thrilled with the touch. I was all set for getting a better Kindle, and I did, but for much less cost!
Congrats on your new Kindle!
I use Amasis that has been modified for the Kindle. I love it.

I love my K4B everyday more and more.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #37
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quick update: I went to Staples to mail off my first three PWs today, and they are still hiding the black K4s in the back and only have the silver one out for $69, the old KF for $149 or $159 and the touch 3g for what appeared a ridiculous amount of money (waaay over 100).
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote