Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
pshute
Enthusiast
pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iPad Air
Time zone for The Age recipe

When I first started using this recipe to get The Age onto my Sony PRS-T1, I noticed that often the dates on the downloaded books were wrong by a day. Guessing a bit, I changed this line:
Code:
 'date' : strftime('%a, %d %b')
to:
Code:
 'date' : strftime('%a, %d %b %Z')
Adding the time zone to the date seems to have fixed the problem. Would this problem have only affected certain types of readers? And would adding this fix to the source recipe mess anything up for those previously unaffected?

If not, how would I go about get this fix added to the distributed version?
pshute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
pshute
Enthusiast
pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pshute can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hmm, it seems that all this time I was still running the uncustomised recipe, so my "fix" isn't what fixed it. I wonder what did.
Advert
Old 06-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
pshute
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshute View Post
Hmm, it seems that all this time I was still running the uncustomised recipe, so my "fix" isn't what fixed it. I wonder what did.
Confused now, I think I WAS actually running my customised recipe, so I also assume that's what fixed the problem.

If I schedule a standard recipe to run, then later customise it, will it run the original or the customised version? I can see that recent "The Age" news downloaded using the schedule does contain other minor modifications I made ages ago, so I assume they also contain the time zone fix.

But today after I started making further modifications, and click Download All Schedule News, it's using the standard version. How did that happen?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That line sets the timestamp for individual articles, not the book as a whole. Your issue is likely caused by the timezone not being set correctly on your reader. You can work around it by making sure the download does not happen close to midnight.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
pshute
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That line sets the timestamp for individual articles, not the book as a whole.
So it does. That can't be what fixed it then.
Quote:
Your issue is likely caused by the timezone not being set correctly on your reader. You can work around it by making sure the download does not happen close to midnight.
It's definitely set to my local time zone, but I'm not seeing the issue now anyway. Perhaps it does depend on the time of day I download, and I just happen to have avoided the problem times.

I normally download around 5am. Do you mean midnight in my time zone, or midnight GMT? That would be about 10am here, I think, so it's possible I've downloaded after that on weekends at times.
Advert