Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #151
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
Well maybe Sony reads these forums ;-), the tracking status at Fedex has finally moved to "in transit". Can't wait till it's in the last stage "delivered"!

Yeah!

Of course still no delivery date. At least there's progress.
Eh, FedEx. Not related to the Sonys (mine won't ship until mid-month), but it recently took a shipment of yarn 9 days to get to me from Ohio to Oregon by FedEx, but an order of tea 2 days to get to Oregon from Massachusetts via USPS.

I think the 'Ex' in 'FedEx' stands for 'Expensive'.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #152
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by azxswq View Post
I am in the same boat, and I pre-ordered it back in 9/21. (The decision since 9/28 was whether or not to cancel it.) I also ordered the T1, RED.

The problem is, I don't know about you, mine since 9/21 always showed "available" on Oct. 2nd. Where did you get the middle of the month information? And right now, over the weekend, it is "on hold" and I don't know where I am on the queue or when they will have it.

Thanks Jersysman, good luck!
I got the 16th from the Sony site. That is when the Red one was scheduled to ship. I didn't imagine it shipping from Newegg before that. The date that I had seen for the Black one was the 2nd and they were pretty close on that one except Newegg still shows the Black one on Pre-Order, so it looks like the wait might be longer.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #153
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
funny coincidence, mine just showed up in transit also, maybe the fedex guy took his truck home and didn't deliver it until today.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #154
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
if they do, i'd like that $25 refund please for having my chain yanked for the last couple weeks.
The $25 credit is still pending, I'll let you know if it goes through.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #155
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
The $25 credit is still pending, I'll let you know if it goes through.
i tried to get something over the phone but they said all they could do was free shipping (and of course i picked the fedex ground free shipping already).
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #156
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
funny coincidence, mine just showed up in transit also, maybe the fedex guy took his truck home and didn't deliver it until today.
yep, mine too. now it's "arrived at Fedex location". still in IL though. wonder when it'll reach LA.

*edit : ETA 10/7. 4 more days!

Last edited by lightforx; 10-03-2011 at 06:34 PM.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #157
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i tried to get something over the phone but they said all they could do was free shipping (and of course i picked the fedex ground free shipping already).
If they contact me again I'll ask to be updated to overnight delivery, but again it's probably to late.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #158
krighton
Addict

Quote:
If they contact me again I'll ask to be updated to overnight delivery, but again it's probably to late.
yeah if it's in transit you're kind of stuck with what you got.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #159
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I've canceled my original order and re-ordered quite a few times over the past two weeks and each new order was a new experience. One order was offered a free upgrade to 2-day shipping, another was offered a 5% discount on the T1 itself and a 15% discount on an accessory. That order is the one I kept. I ordered it over the phone yesterday afternoon and it should be here tomorrow, according to FedEx. I hope so!
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #160
azxswq
Connoisseur
azxswq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 Black, T2 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I got the 16th from the Sony site. That is when the Red one was scheduled to ship. I didn't imagine it shipping from Newegg before that. The date that I had seen for the Black one was the 2nd and they were pretty close on that one except Newegg still shows the Black one on Pre-Order, so it looks like the wait might be longer.
You are more patient than me. My only problem with Newegg is that they had the red one accepting "pre-order" and scheduled for delivery on Oct. 2nd, since 9/21. (The same situation as the black one.) And I also have noticed the T1-Red being Oct. 16th on official Sony Style store as well, but then again I want to stress that Newegg was showing Oct. 2nd for both colors since 9/21. (Curiously enough, they don't have the silver/white one.)

Today, they are both OOS and auto-notify only. And my pre-order is still "on hold" so that makes me suspect that SOME orders were sent, and I fall into the second group, as some are ahead of me. (because the black one is also OOS.) However, the black one is now available all over the web, (online: Abt Electronics, B&H photo... Bestbuy? In physical store here in NYC, haven't had time to check it out yet.)

Since I am buying it as a gift, the RED color is key... Anyways, I should be top of the queue for the second wave and I will post when I get a notice from Newegg. Did anybody got a red one, in NYC, from Sony or Newegg?

Again, my experience is in US, and delivery to NYC. YMMV.

Last edited by azxswq; 10-03-2011 at 08:35 PM.
azxswq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #161
trevgriff
Zealot

I just stopped by a local Target and they had both the prs-t1 in black with the light cover also in black, and I wont have mine till the 5th. Plus I pre-ordered my on the 15th. Crazy.

Last edited by trevgriff; 10-03-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #162
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
slightly off topic : is Sony always like that with pre-orders from their site, or are their shipment to stores really efficient this time?

this is my first ever pre-order, so I have no clue. after this however, i'll learn to buy from the store!
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #163
krighton
Addict

their lack of communication and seemingly lack of ability or desire to solve order problems is very disturbing.

Last edited by krighton; 10-03-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #164
azxswq
Connoisseur
azxswq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 Black, T2 Black
Quote:
their lack of communication and seemingly lack of ability or desire to solve order problems is very disturbing.
Further off topic:
I went to the local Best Buy, they don't have the black in stock. (Best Buy doesn't have the red one, online or in store. But black is available online and some in store, ie. NYC Union Sq.) Best Buy is generally useless for me, except in rare Black Friday situations... (Even then it is tough to see value...) But here is the kicker... Best Buy has an AMAZING Amazon/Kindle tie-in sale going. Pre-Order advertisements, posters, banners and all that cross promotional jazz.

Now, you would think that Sony, as a dedicated (at least 80%) consumer electronics manufacturer, would have a better launch party with Best Buy than Amazon, a WEB RETAILER. (AND a direct competitor of Best Buy... With the ultimate BB Killer killer app called Kindle Fire.) But no, Best buy is committed to selling Kindles of all types for Amazon.

There is just no sign of Sony Ebook reader and PRS-T1 material even if you are looking for it, and the sales people don't even know what I am talking about. (They rarely do.) Just an observation, since we are off topic at the moment. Sorry for the digression....

Last edited by azxswq; 10-04-2011 at 12:27 AM.
azxswq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #165
krighton
Addict

seems like my delivery date has been updated to tomorrow...guess we'll see

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1