Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
If it'll be a 7"-er, I might be interested (provided the price is right, naturally...)
I'm with you on that!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Ok, someone please explain to me what "fringe-field switching technology" is.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #18
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd expect something larger. The magazine Market is the obvious target for such a device. I'm expecting a 10" screen.
at 10" I'd be interested, much less so at 7", that's just too small.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
Ok, someone please explain to me what "fringe-field switching technology" is.
This might help...
http://www.boehydis.com/eng/07_mis/mis_01.asp
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #20
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
thanks for the link.
I really want to see it in action.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #21
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
User replaceable battery and chip reader?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
Forster
Forster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enoughForster will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle 2, DX, kindle fire, kindle 3, kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
at 10" I'd be interested, much less so at 7", that's just too small.
Size isn't as important as what you can do with it.

Wait... what were we talking about again?
Forster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #24
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Old 05-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #25
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
That's some pretty impressive sounding tech.

Quote:
guaranteeing perfect readability even under the brightest sunlight.
Quote:
a full 180 degree viewing angle
better color, low power consumption, very interesting.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #26
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Here is hoping. I would like a nice tablet about the size of the IPad that is not an IPad.

I have played with the IPad and thought it was a great piece of technology. I wasn't able to play my silly facebook games because they use flash (stupid I know) and that annoyed me.

Toss in a general distrust of Apple and what they might do in the future that would screw up the Apps that I would want to use (Kindle) and the IPad is a no go for me.

If Amazon is able to put out a similar product I will be thrilled. I like the look of the 7 inch products out there but I would prefer to replace my netbook with something that has a 10 inch screen.

I turn 40 this year and I think a tablet is going to be my birthday gift (Hubby loves me and will get me what I ask for short of the Audi or Aston Martin I have been coveting while watching Top Gear). I will hold off if I know Amazon is releasing something or I hear of a nice 10 inch tablet.
Hold out for the Aston Martin. Heck, maybe he'll accept a Jaguar as a compromise.

Seriously, I'd be interested in an Amazon tablet if they can keep the weight well under what the iPad weighs. The one thing I can't do that I would like to do on my Kindle is read newspapers and magazines.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #27
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
You have to admit, the pic in the engadget piece is a very good likeness of the Samsung Galaxy Tab ...
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #28
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd expect something larger. The magazine Market is the obvious target for such a device. I'm expecting a 10" screen.
10" is really not enough, particularly in the cheap 16x9 ratio which everyone other than Apple seems to be using.

If it's less than 11" (and preferably a bit larger), it will be just as useless for magazines as the KDX and the iPad.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #29
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I like my DXG and I won't be using a tablet for reading magazines.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #30
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:

wow, the moderators let you get away with that one!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, engadget, tablet