Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
posting the macro for all to use would be nice.
erh, I didn't write it yet. But I will, and will probably post it. Though it may only work for Mac users.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #17
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
posting the macro for all to use would be nice.
OK. Here's a quick and dirty macro for printing catalog.csv data.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PrintCSVmacro002.zip (147.3 KB, 108 views)
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #18
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Er, what's a macro and how do I use it? I know how to click icons and drop down lists but that's about it.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #19
unboggling
Wizard

crossi, a macro is a small program. In this case it's mostly a recording of actions I took that I automated by attaching the recording of actions to a "button" in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Pressing the button performs those recorded actions again. It's a very small, very inflexible program to do certain repetitive things the same way every time. To use this macro you would at least need to have Microsoft Excel. It helps do the job of printing my booklist from calibre-exported catalog in CSV format by putting it in Excel, sorting and ordering it the way I like, then letting me use Excel's standard printing procedure.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #20
unboggling
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
OK. Here's a quick and dirty macro for printing catalog.csv data.
I think there was a problem with permissions on the zip file. In case you had problems opening it, I fixed it, I hope.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PrintCSVmacro002.zip (147.7 KB, 110 views)
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
The irony of wanting to print a list of e-books is inescapably humorous.

Paper is dead!

Long live liquid crystals!

Huzzah!

Archon
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post

Paper is dead!

Long live liquid crystals!

Huzzah!

Archon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #23
unboggling
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post

Paper is dead!
Heh. Not for an old guy set in his ways. With a Kindle on which it's a pain in the butt to scroll thru big documents searching for something. It's easier to keep a 30 page printout handy for referral while physically shopping at bookstores and even while ebook shopping online.