Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #46
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Still not shipped, The website product page was saying est 28th, now it is saying the 1st which is a Holiday. My order status is showing still processing Wonder what the deal is??
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Requesting pics (once you get it).
See my current avatar.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #48
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
See my current avatar.
Have you taking the pic by yourself?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Have you taking the pic by yourself?
Yep, I took this picture myself.

I took it myself form the SonyStyle website.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #50
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Ok after a few emails and chatting with customer service my Reader shipped out late last night.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #51
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
I got mine today. Actually, it came yesterday but I was out of town burying my Mom in my hometown. She lived to be 100 YO and I will surely miss her.

It's a nifty shade of red, kinda a muted candy apple red.

The case is an elegant burgundy color which I like very much.

Only hitch (so far) is the internal memory was not recognized on my Mac. When I installed an SD card and a Memory Stick they showed up as expected and books transferred to the Mem Stick as on the other 505's.
I haven't tried it on the PC, in fact the PC has not been booted in about a month.

Out of the four 505's I have, I think this will be my favorite, followed by the blue.

The included free excerpts had changed. Here's a list of what comes with this red one:

Devil Bones
Frost/Nixon
A Game of Thrones (yippee!)
The God Delusion
Hot Property
Marley & Me
Smoke Screen
When You are Engulfed in Flames (....this board..?)
The Whole Truth

Sorry, no photos. I'm a technological idiot. If I figure it out, I'll put one up.

Any suggestions how to get a photo from an Iphone up onto here?
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #52
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
Out of the four 505's I have, I think this will be my favorite, followed by the blue.

Hmm.....maybe not. Here's why. I like the fact that the next page/last page button on the lower left (between bookmark button and font size button) is raised on the right on my blue 505. On this one (and the James Patterson red) it is raised on the <left>, so the tactile feel when going to a next page is not as strong as on those in which it is raised. Jes' my 2 cents....
Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #53
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Pictures!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #54
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Sorry about your mom, hope she's in a better place now.

Quote:
Sorry, no photos. I'm a technological idiot. If I figure it out, I'll put one up.
If you have the PhotoBooth (and you should, it comes free with Tiger & Leopard) on your mac, why won't you use the built-in cam to snap some pictures? They won't be as good, but we're after the color comparison only anyways.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hmm.....maybe not. Here's why. I like the fact that the next page/last page button on the lower left (between bookmark button and font size button) is raised on the right on my blue 505. On this one (and the James Patterson red) it is raised on the <left>, so the tactile feel when going to a next page is not as strong as on those in which it is raised. Jes' my 2 cents....
The Patterson Red is just the silver 505 with a skin on it.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #56
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I got mine today. Actually, it came yesterday but I was out of town burying my Mom in my hometown. She lived to be 100 YO and I will surely miss her.

cut
My very deepest sympathies to you as you mourn your loved one.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
My deepest condolences. 100 years... that's quite something.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #58
Kingston
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
My very deepest sympathies to you as you mourn your loved one.

Don
Thanks everyone for your kind sympathies. My Mom was a wonderful friend and lived with me for the past 13 years so we were very, very close and the loss hurts a lot.

In addition to my Mom dying, my back went out one day before she died, and I've been in unbelievable pain most of the time since then. I couldn't get off the couch for hours.

And to top it off, yesterday I got gastroenteritis and had vomiting and diarrhea....all this while being unable to move. Not a fun week.

Tags
duck!