Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #16
katia
katia began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I also tried using calibre with the tools package and I can't open my kindle book. I followed the steps, added the new plugins, and clicked on apply, but I keep getting "Conversion Error". I tried to customize the plugins, but the window said that it didn't need customization. Even after I restarted calibre and imported the ebook, it still got an error window. Did I miss something?
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #17
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by katia View Post
I also tried using calibre with the tools package and I can't open my kindle book. I followed the steps, added the new plugins, and clicked on apply, but I keep getting "Conversion Error". I tried to customize the plugins, but the window said that it didn't need customization. Even after I restarted calibre and imported the ebook, it still got an error window. Did I miss something?
You probably did miss something, but the rules on this forum are clear and unambiguous. We can not provide specific instructions for DRM removal. Full stop. You will need to post a query where you got the original files and get help from there.
That being said, this does work and is straightforward once you get the pieces sorted, so have confidence and you'll get there.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #18
maggerbee
maggerbee began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko for Android
Try these, that's what I use for Kindle and Nook removal.
[Please do not post links to DRM removal tools. Our policy is that we permit the discussion of DRM removal in the abstract, but not the provision of detailed instructions for DRM removal, or direct linking to sites where such instructions or tools are hosted. - Moderator]

Last edited by dreams; 04-01-2011 at 08:17 PM.
maggerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't know what that is, but it's not the original--it's way too big of an archive. If that's DRM removal software... you can't post the links here. Know and obey the rules.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
kbcjbc11
kbcjbc11 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm so confused all of this remove this, add that, you'll be good to go, goes right over my head.. question: can you or can you not convert kindle books to nook books? thanks ya'll.
kbcjbc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcjbc11 View Post
I'm so confused all of this remove this, add that, you'll be good to go, goes right over my head.. question: can you or can you not convert kindle books to nook books? thanks ya'll.
If you remove the books DRM, yes it can be converted using Calibre in a couple of mouse clicks.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I converted a number of Nook books I had purchased to kindle, and it was easy, and I imagine it is pretty easy the other way too. Because of the rules here, which as noted above by a moderator, are unambiguous on what can and can not be discussed here re: DRM removal, I simply did googled Apprentice Alf, found the instructions and went from there. I will say the first time I tried it I had some problems, probably similar to what Katia is talking about.

Then I googled how to strip DRM from books, looking for mac apps, found a wonderfully simple program, and then was able to convert my books easily through that program and Calibre.

I'm only moderately tech savvy, and I figured it out, so it can be done. As they say, Google is your friend!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #23
rnglosser
Rnglosser
rnglosser began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I was wondering also if you could send me the files so I can put my kindle books into my nook thank you in advance also. And yes I know that i am really late on this one but thank you anyway!
rnglosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #24
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Because of the rules here, which as noted above by a moderator, are unambiguous on what can and can not be discussed here re: DRM removal, I simply did googled Apprentice Alf, found the instructions and went from there. I will say the first time I tried it I had some problems, probably similar to what Katia is talking about.

I'm only moderately tech savvy, and I figured it out, so it can be done. As they say, Google is your friend!
Shibamistress summed it up nicely and told you everything you need to know. We can't tell you specifics or send you files, but with a little help from google and apprentice alf it's not too hard to figure out.

good luck
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #25
Tanya220
Tanya220 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Edition
I have MANY title on my kindle library that I would like to read on my nook. Everyone on here seems so it tune with all of this stuff and any help or software you can send my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!
Tanya220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #26
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Hi Tanya and welcome to MobileRead. Pretty much what the others have said is all that can be said on the board.

Google:

Apprentice Alf DRM

and follow the instructions in the blog. If you have questions or run into problems, those involved with the blog can help you there. This board prohibits anything more explicit than us telling you it can be done and how to find who can help you.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #27
Kenj50
Kenj50 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
What is the online tool you used to covert from topaz to epub? I would be interested in the process.
Thanks in advance
Kenj50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #28
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenj50 View Post
What is the online tool you used to covert from topaz to epub? I would be interested in the process.
The available TOPAZ tools are much improved, see Topaz Reconsidered for my more recent comments on the the subject. As usual Apprentice Alf's Blog has a good summary of the DRM issues.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #29
katamami29
katamami29 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
HI can you send me the tool I can use to convert the books?
katamami29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #30
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by katamami29 View Post
HI can you send me the tool I can use to convert the books?
As I said, see Apprentice Alf's Blog. In general, the DRM-stripping 3rd party plugins for Calibre are often the simplest approach. Once DRM-free, Calibre can convert to whatever format you want.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote