Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
shermanam
shermanam began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Adding Audio Books with Calibre

Hey I was wondering if there is any way to put audio books on the kindle using calibre?? please help!!!
shermanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Using Calibre? I don't know if I'd bother trying to figure that one out.

From the K3 manual:

Transferring Audiobooks
To transfer audiobooks to your Kindle, follow these steps:
1. Connect your Kindle to your computer, using the USB cable that came with the device.
2. Your Kindle should appear on your computer in the same location you would normally find an external USB drive.
3. Open your Kindle. You should see a folder entitled “audible.” Drag any audiobooks you want to play on your Kindle into this folder.
4. Using your computer, eject your Kindle from your computer. The content you transferred should now appear in Home.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:33 PM   #3
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Using Calibre? I don't know if I'd bother trying to figure that one out.

From the K3 manual:

Transferring Audiobooks
To transfer audiobooks to your Kindle, follow these steps:
1. Connect your Kindle to your computer, using the USB cable that came with the device.
2. Your Kindle should appear on your computer in the same location you would normally find an external USB drive.
3. Open your Kindle. You should see a folder entitled “audible.” Drag any audiobooks you want to play on your Kindle into this folder.
4. Using your computer, eject your Kindle from your computer. The content you transferred should now appear in Home.
Still, what's the folder format?
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:31 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
Still, what's the folder format?
Either AA in one of it's multiple flavours or AAX which is supposed to offer CD quality audio. I think it was about a year ago that Audible retired their AA formats and now offer only AAX format downloads. The audio files downloaded from Audible have DRM so can't be used elsewhere without removing the DRM. I've seen advertising for tools to convert MP3 to AAX but have never used them so no opinions on their usability.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote