Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
brianj6
brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
My new thriller "Silver" is out!

Hey, everyone--

I've just published my new thriller Silver, starring the same characters as in the first novel Emerald!

Here is the book description:

OSR agents Park Skarda and April Force are back in their second pulse-pounding adventure from Brian January, author of "Emerald"!

When a volcanic eruption destroyed the island of Thera in 1600 BCE, the fleeing inhabitants carried away with them a huge hoard of silver. But this silver wasn’t pure—it contained quantities of a rare earth element known as neosamarium, an element vital to the military strength of the United States, and one that the Chinese will pay a small fortune to get their hands on.

Searching for the hoard on Crete, OSR agents Park Skarda and April Force are given an ancient silver plaque by a dying archaeologist. They enlist the aid of Nathaniel Bennett, a genius Minoan scholar, to help them translate the artifact and unravel the clues about the treasure’s location. But the long-dead Minoans are not going to give up their secrets easily, and the ultimate answer will come at too high a cost.

With time running out, Skarda, April, and Nathaniel hunt through hidden caves and buried temples across the breadth of Crete, Turkey, and Cyprus, pursued by a ruthless female pirate, a cold-blooded mercenary, and an unscrupulous black market art collector.

Facing betrayals, danger, and certain death, they must survive a life-and-death race to stay one step ahead of their enemies and find the fabled treasure before it’s too late.

"Silver" is approximately 52,000 words or 210 printed pages.

Here is the links

[promotion edited - MODERATOR

http://amzn.com/B006QCZF3S

Please check them out!

Thanks,

Brian January

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-01-2012 at 10:33 AM.
brianj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Oh no - another fistfull of dodgy names...

Yet again I note the disgraceful unfairness to secret agents/spies/PI'S/bold adveturers etc... who happen to have the ordinary name of Bill Smith, Jack Bloggs, etc.... They rarely have any fun.

Dirk Pitt (who is the P...s IMHO ) et al have a lot to answer for ....

I'm sorry to say it, Brian, but it always makes me wonder if the author is a little nervous about the power of the story ?
Not that I'm suggesting that's so in your case.

[And I do recognise a chap named Jones did a lot of very enjoyable ho-humming about in various films - but even he was called Indiana ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
brianj6
brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'brianj6 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
I'm sorry to say it, Brian, but it always makes me wonder if the author is a little nervous about the power of the story ?

Uh...no. Not in the least! I thank you for your input, however.

Brian January
brianj6 is offline   Reply With Quote