Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #46
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Any difference?

The official firmware update is posted on www.pocketbook-usa.com.
Have anybody installed this (the US version)?
I installed the EU version yesterday so i am somewhat nervous about whether the two versions are different in any minute aspect.

Please let me know if you find any small difference between them.
It's a tiring job to install the new firmware and the apps again. I want to avoid it.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #47
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Seems to me that they are are the same. I havent found a difference yet.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #48
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
Adobe flash requires Android 2.2.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...e-flash-player

Android 2.3 is now out,

Ready and waiting for firmware update.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #49
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
The official firmware update is posted on www.pocketbook-usa.com.
Have anybody installed this (the US version)?
I installed the EU version yesterday so i am somewhat nervous about whether the two versions are different in any minute aspect.

Please let me know if you find any small difference between them.
It's a tiring job to install the new firmware and the apps again. I want to avoid it.
A good idea is to use a good file manager such as ASTRO File Manager and have it back up your applications. It saves heaps of time, really.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #50
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post
Adobe flash requires Android 2.2.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...e-flash-player

Android 2.3 is now out,

Ready and waiting for firmware update.
The SkyFire browser will play flash even in Android 2.0
Old 12-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #51
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
The SkyFire browser will play flash even in Android 2.0
does anyone know how I can get skyfire?

I don't have another android device to get to the market to download skyfire.

Thanks
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #52
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Download Skyfire for Android
Old 12-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #53
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Thanks Charlie
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #54
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
any information?

Is thete any information for the 2.1 or 2.2 upgrade? I'd like to hear anything such as progress or a tough guess for the available date...
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #55
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
Is thete any information for the 2.1 or 2.2 upgrade? I'd like to hear anything such as progress or a tough guess for the available date...
It's 2.2 and the guess is first days of the new year -middle of january. Now don't crucify me if that's not right. I am only the messenger here.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #56
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Now don't crucify me ...
oh but where's the fun in that? can we at least practice a little.. just to warm up?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #57
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Bug in Reader/Library???

Dec 4 firmware.

I have several times "lost" my place in a PDF eBook in the PocketBook Reader APP. It seems that one use case is full power off/power on.

Upon power on, I see that "Last Opened" has my eBook and that the percent read is approximately correct. But, when I tap the eBook from the "Last Read" I sometimes get the beginning of the book. Afterwards, "Last Opened" reverts back to zero - IF I do not reposition and start reading.

Anyone else lose position?

I wonder if this is a bug, or, I am using it incorrectly. Are there some expectations the software has to maintain the last position in the book?
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #58
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
mtravellerh: Thanks for the firmware update, good to hear they are working on it.

I also want to play Angry Birds, requires android 2.2 and there are many others that require 2.2. It just seems that the IQ with 2.2 will be a much better product. Until then I keep thinking maybe I should have tried the evo, tab, nook, etc....
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #59
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Will Android 2.2 significantly relax the constraints on the number of Android APPs I can add to my IQ? Or, is there another constraint that we hit first?

I *my* priority list I would put as first priority the eReading APP:
- more options for taming those pesky PDF eBooks
- DRM support
- Create closer feature and integration parity to the features in PocketBooks non-Android products

Second priority would be increasing the utility of the base Android Tablet:
- reducing memory use
- Migration to current versions of Android
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #60
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The constrait would be Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Some state-of-the-art apps will try and force you to migrate.

Actually it would be much easier if we could just port the many third party ROMs and kernels which come with the latest version of Froyo, speed improvements and in many cases a direct Android Market connection.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote