Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
CoolReader Hanlin V3

The file context menu in MadShelf has an option to select the preferred handler for each supported file type, but I only see FBReader as a selection for FB2 or EPUB files. Ticket #454 "Ability to choose default handler for each supported file format" appears to indicate that the issue was closed as fixed in MadShelf 0.2.36 ? Looking through the OpenInkpot system directories, it appears that CoolReader 3 is in the build, but I could not find a way to select it. The User Guide documents CoolREader but does not say how to invoke it, so I just assumed it would be with the MadShelf file context menu. Has anyone found out how to get CoolReader to open the file types that it supports?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
From this ticket it looks like the coolreader needs some work done before it's available again (I think that the .desktop file mentioned there is responsible for the appearance in menus, don't know about the rest).
I think they gave us the possibity to choose, but only one option to choose from, at least for the time being. Unless I missed something, of course.
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
From this ticket it looks like the coolreader needs some work done before it's available again (I think that the .desktop file mentioned there is responsible for the appearance in menus, don't know about the rest).
I think they gave us the possibity to choose, but only one option to choose from, at least for the time being. Unless I missed something, of course.
Thank you!!!!!
I missed that when I went searching through the tickets. From ticket #455 it looks like it will not be available until the 0.3 timeframe.
I did notice that the .desktop file was missing, but I could not find out why since I missed that ticket.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
I too hope it'll be rather sooner than later, I could use some dictionaries again.