Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 12:27 PM   #46
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
The Library Journal posted the attached photo yesterday. I'm on my 3rd book of 2018 thanks to this bitter cold and snow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9fd08828-3f66-40ad-8f7d-b8ecc6503198.png
Views:	351
Size:	920.8 KB
ID:	161281  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #47
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
The Library Journal posted the attached photo yesterday. I'm on my 3rd book of 2018 thanks to this bitter cold and snow.
I'm in the 10-15 books band. I need to get cracking!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #48
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I've read 3 so far in the first week. a New one for me, because I don't normally read quickly. But I just went through a nor easter here in atlantic Canada.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #49
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm on the 6-10 range too, but I have to keep shoveling the snow drifts back, and it's interrupting my reading time. Plus the time it takes to defrost once back inside. I've read at least one book though for 2018. I just can't remember which one ? The affects of hypothermia no doubt.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #50
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just remembered which book i read, aptly titled the Ice Maiden, by B.D. Smith. I even remembered to add it to my books read for January list. The only one so far. I think ?
Advert
Old 01-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #51
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I hate this time of year. Goodreads already shows me as being one book behind schedule. The pressure is on!
Know what you mean. Until I posted my first read a few minutes ago, it was showing me as one book behind schedule already. And now the pressure's on to read the next before falling behind again...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #52
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
I hope that this year I will be able to read more then 20 books. I will focus on english books so I can practice it more. Idk if this year I will move to another country, if I do it will be a busy year for me which will mess my reading life haha.
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:39 AM   #53
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
I hope that this year I will be able to read more then 20 books. I will focus on english books so I can practice it more. Idk if this year I will move to another country, if I do it will be a busy year for me which will mess my reading life haha.
If you'd like to join the challenge 'officially', make a post over in the 2018 list thread where you can record your progress by editing it throughout the year.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #54
Wearever
Wizard

I just added my first book for my fantasy challenge, The Wizard of Oz. by L.Frank Barnum. I'll be searching for more recent fantasy as well. I've read some of the Game of Thrones books but not all, the trouble is that I had HBO and watched the shows and stopped reading the books. I also of course saw the Wizard of Oz movie but hadn't read the book until now, enjoyed it. I may still pick up where I left off with the Game of Thrones. Or find other fantasy books to read this year. I have found that many of the fantasy books I'm likely to read have been made into shows or movies.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:03 AM   #55
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MapleRead, iPad Pro 12.9" 2018, iPhone 12 Pro, Kobo Forma 32gb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Progress Charts:
If the charts are not showing hold CTRL and press REFRESH to get them to show up.

Can you share the Google Sheet you used for the charts? It's pretty rad.

Last edited by sydmalicious; 01-13-2018 at 01:12 AM.
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #56
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Second Book of the Year - Complete.

It took me a bit longer than I wanted, but I finally finished reading The Turn: The Hollows Begins with Death last night.

My current challenge is to fit in the two other series prequels. The year has just started, and I am already a week behind schedule.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #57
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
I have finished 2 "official" books and 6 "unofficial" ones. Not gonna count those because they're fanfiction and hard to keep track of for the challenge. Ones that count are "The Heart of Frost" by Charlie Cochet and Angel Martinez's "All The World's An Undead Stage." I'm currently working on some Sherlock Holmes fanfic by Atlin Merrick and "Windows 10 For Dummies". Fingers crossed I don't fall behind this time.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #58
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydmalicious View Post
Can you share the Google Sheet you used for the charts? It's pretty rad.
Sure, there's a link in post #3 to a blank copy of my spreadsheet. (I would post it directly again but this way I only have one place to change when I update it. )

The only differences (other than books) are that I have added sheets for the Bingo challenge and last year's All Your book Are Belong To Us challenges to my personal copy. You can see some screenshots of it filled in in my 2017 challenge post (linked in my 2018 post).
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #59
Wearever
Wizard

I decided on a new to me fantasy series, Wheel of Time Series, by Robert Jordan. I'll read the first book, The Eye of the World. If I like it then I'll have another 13 books to read. More than enough for my Fantasy Challenge this year.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #60
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
If you are like most people you will feel very bogged down around books 7 or 8 through book 11 - it is a long series and these books in particular don't have the same pace as the ones before/after. When I re-read them a few years ago, I read the first 6 (7) books in about 2 months then it took a month each for books 7 through 10.

There is also a prequel that was published between 10 and 11, so 14 more books if you decide you like book 1.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote