Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-08-2017, 08:39 PM   #841
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I just clicked through on this link, and it offers me the 3-book set with its own "buy all three books together and save" button for $2.40, which is $0.80 each. And, they've done the math right - the individual titles are $1.99 each, so $5.97 for all three, and the website indicates you are saving $3.57.

I haven't seen (or maybe just haven't noticed) this sort of steep discounting at Kindle on "buy a whole series". Is this a common thing? I mostly follow mysteries, which often have rather long series (Sue Grafton is getting close to Z, after all), and I also have a lot of mysteries, so often would already have some titles in the series, but as I said, I've never seen/noticed such a thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
The Scarlett Bernard series by Melissa F. Olson is available for $6.00 if you buy the whole 3-book series at once. Each book is $4.99 on its own.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/kindle/series/B00TP1WN28

I haven't read this series yet. I'm currently working on her Boundary Magic series. She writes excellent urban fantasy.

Last edited by sufue; 09-08-2017 at 08:42 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #842
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Just answered my own question...

There is a "Series Bundle deals" link under the "More Summer Deals" heading on the upper left of the Kindle Book Deals webpage and this leads to bundle deals in several genres. This is one of those. As below, the savings can be pretty significant.

The link is horrid, but I don't see an affiliate tag in it: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=KCdls_b..._i=11552285011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I just clicked through on this link, and it offers me the 3-book set with its own "buy all three books together and save" button for $2.40, which is $0.80 each. And, they've done the math right - the individual titles are $1.99 each, so $5.97 for all three, and the website indicates you are saving $3.57.

I haven't seen (or maybe just haven't noticed) this sort of steep discounting at Kindle on "buy a whole series". Is this a common thing? I mostly follow mysteries, which often have rather long series (Sue Grafton is getting close to Z, after all), and I also have a lot of mysteries, so often would already have some titles in the series, but as I said, I've never seen/noticed such a thing...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2017, 09:00 PM   #843
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
A true sign of the times. Ebook publishing has become so unprofessional that they don't even notice typos right in everyone's face.
Several of Ian Fleming's Bond books had terrible typos in the '60s paperbacks I used to have. The typos weren'tas annoying as the cardstock cigarette adds though.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:49 AM   #844
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
We don't see the 'Series Bundle' link on Amazon UK, but there are often (unadvertised) discounts when you buy bundles. I've just spotted a £1.50 discount on the bundle of The Vildecaz Talents series by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (writing as Camille Gabor):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...words=vildecaz

The individual volumes total £8.52, the bundle £7.02. Now if only the Glen Wolfe Solar Cycle had bundle discounts...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #845
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

There is a "Series Bundle deals" link under the "More Summer Deals" heading on the upper left of the Kindle Book Deals webpage and this leads to bundle deals in several genres. This is one of those. As below, the savings can be pretty significant.

The link is horrid, but I don't see an affiliate tag in it: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=KCdls_b..._i=11552285011
Most of the book in the bundles are self-published. It's a rubbish sale (IMHO).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #846
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:

It's worth going through the list! I noticed Martin Jensen's "The King's Hounds" series (historical fiction set in early eleventh century England) is included. It's not just a bundle deal -- all three are priced at $1.20, but each book is also significantly discounted. Each of the three is now priced at $0.99, reduced from the normal four to six dollar range. I had already read the first two but didn't know the third was available.

Martin Jensen is Danish and these works are translations. I haven't yet read the third, but the first two were very good -- and well translated!

Individually: <HERE>

Bundle: <HERE>

Last edited by cromag; 09-09-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Clarification on Bundle vs. Price Reduction
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #847
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
None of the books in the bundles are self-published in the sale that I see. It is an Amazon Publishing sale and all of the titles are from their imprints.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #848
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
At Kobo, the Chelsea Quinn Yarbro trilogy was published through Smashwords, which to me indicates self-published. However, she is a well known professional author, and the guest of honor at next year's Worldcon, so while I've not read these particular books, I doubt they're rubbish.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:12 AM   #849
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
At Kobo, the Chelsea Quinn Yarbro trilogy was published through Smashwords, which to me indicates self-published. However, she is a well known professional author, and the guest of honor at next year's Worldcon, so while I've not read these particular books, I doubt they're rubbish.
Her books aren't part of the sale link Jon was commenting on.

EDIT: Oh I see, you must be talking about the post from maddz? The Yarbro Vildecaz series appears to be put out by "Avalerion Books" using Smashwords as an aggregator for some outlets. No idea if Avalerion Books is a full blown publisher or one of those one author "publishers" some authors use for self-pubbing their stuff.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-10-2017 at 12:20 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:58 AM   #850
illegiblescribbl
illegible_scribble
illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.illegiblescribbl knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The first in the Meg Elison series is a Philip K. Dick winner and Tiptree Honorable Mention, and is most definitely not rubbish.

illegiblescribbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:42 AM   #851
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Has anyone read the Vildecaz series? I'n wondeing whether to get it but frim the blurb it looks a bit YA to me. (I've nothing against YA, but I find them a bit simplistic.)
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #852
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by illegiblescribbl View Post
The first in the Meg Elison series is a Philip K. Dick winner and Tiptree Honorable Mention, and is most definitely not rubbish.

I believe HE meant 'in my opinion', which he neglected to write.

I believe YOU meant 'in my opinion,' which you neglected to write.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #853
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I believe HE meant 'in my opinion', which he neglected to write.

I believe YOU meant 'in my opinion,' which you neglected to write.
JSWolf didn't neglect to write that, his post ends with (IMHO).

I think the Blake Crouch Wayward Pines series was originally self-published too. Whether it's rubbish is debatable, but M. Night Shyamalan and Fox liked it enough to make a TV series out of it.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #854
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I think the Blake Crouch Wayward Pines series was originally self-published too. Whether it's rubbish is debatable, but M. Night Shyamalan and Fox liked it enough to make a TV series out of it.
They didn't like Wayward Pines enough for a third season and have left it hanging.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #855
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

As for the SF bundle sale, it looks like it could have been self-published authors (not name authors who later self-published). Some of the covers do not look professionally made.

Yes, I may have gotten the self-published part incorrect, but I still think the sale is not as good as it could have been.