Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
That's how I would take it. I was told they would have them, but I'm thinking it's looking unlikely.
They'll have them on the first day. You just have to ask when you go in the store & some rep will invariably talk to you about the Fire. You'll have to correct them, they'll look puzzled and have to go in the back. They'll come out in a few minutes & tell you it was buried underneath all the Fires. Are you sure you don't want a Fire? Well, here's the Paperwhite.

LOL

That's what I went through at a store for the basic Kindle. When I inquired about preordering it I was told it was only online yet the website says only available to pre-order in the store. *shrugs*

You'll know more about it than they will, be polite but be consistent and if need be, ask for a manager or supervisor to get it for you.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Today I called three different Best Buy stores in southern Palm Beach County and got three different answers. Apparently the PW will be in stock on Oct 4, Oct 14, or Nov 1...

Take your pick
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Today I called three different Best Buy stores in southern Palm Beach County and got three different answers. Apparently the PW will be in stock on Oct 4, Oct 14, or Nov 1...

Take your pick
Mine quoted me 11/27
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #19
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I was in a Best Buy yesterday (10/2). They had no Kindle Paperwhite, none of the new Kindle Fire models, and no Kobo Glo. They also had no information (at least none that they were willing to share) on when they might have some.

And the power / charging on the Kobo Touch was messed up, and nobody knew how to fix it.

Pretty disappointing. I have a Kindle PW ordered (says "Shipping Soon" with an estimated arrival date of Oct. 9-12). I wanted to have something to compare when mine arrives, based on the wide range of experiences currently being reported. (Waiting is so hard!)
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #20
esin
esin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Checked the sites for Best Buy, Staples and Radioshack for in store availability. BB has fires, but only says 'coming soon' for PW. No signs of availability on Staples or Radioshack.
esin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I went into Best Buy today and they first told me that they'd have the
Paperwhite on October 15. Then they checked their computers and told me
November 28.

I want to see both the Paperwhite and the Kobo Glo in person, but looks like
I'll be waiting a while for that.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
esquire415
Enthusiast
esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.esquire415 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 7" Notion Ink Adam
It's October 30. I have $80 worth of Staples Rewards and 1 is expiring tomorrow. I want to them to buy the Kindle Paperwhite but none in stock at Staples right now. Says it will be available on October 31 (oh the anticipation!). I also wanted to use my $25 off $75 online coupon on this but their website says available In-Store Only and if you do a search on "paperwhite" it's not even the first on the list, it's actually in the bottom...go figure.

Some Staples stores were suppose to have stock earlier (kinda like the 32GB Nexus 7) like the one close to me, which according to their website has 2 in stock but I called and they said that they were suppose to have them yesterday but never arrived. Drats!
esquire415 is offline   Reply With Quote