Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
oldbear
oldbear began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Sort by books title

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if a feature allowing to sort directly .epub files "by title" existed or was planned on KOReader? Indeed, by default, we have a view on the memory's folder tree of the Kobo.
However, since the beginning, my folders have been sorted by default by author by Calibre and I sometimes spend a lot of time (even with the KOReader title search function) to find a book I am looking for in my files.
If not, do you know of a method (perhaps via Calibre) to automatically reorganize my folders containing my .epub files?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
oldbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
This has been discussed in the past, but the TL;DR being:

* No, the FM is designed to be a file manager, not metadata-driven.

Which leaves you with:

* Using Calibre metadata search
* Tweaking your calibre save template and rebuilding your Library.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2021, 03:16 AM   #3
oldbear

Thanks a lot for this answer.
Does anyone knows a way to tweak my calibre save template ??
Old 06-27-2021, 09:03 AM   #4
mergen3107
Margins dominator
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3 (5.9.7 JB)
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #5
oldbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Thanks but it's not exactly what I was looking for. I'm looking for a document about how to use Calibre to export my ebooks and where the settings can be changer, using the template language you send to me.
Advert
Old 06-28-2021, 11:43 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
In Preferences > Sending books to devices, you can specify the naming scheme for the files sent to the device. In Preferences > Plugboards you can define how to modify the metadata (which is not what you want here, but I mention it for completeness).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote