Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-03-2021, 05:53 AM   #16
ichnilatis
Connoisseur
ichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
@ mergen3107 Thank you for your explanation.
However, the book that Jellby gives seems to be the same or similar. In any case, it has the same structure as far as it concerns the pictures.
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:26 AM   #17
mergen3107
Margins dominator
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3 (5.9.7 JB)
I think the problem with Tom Sawyer is that that image is supposed to be underneath the text layer. I guess KOReader does not support text overlay
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #18
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The image in question is float: left. That's supported, but the design in question must be some kind of edge case resulting in all the text being rendered on the next page.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:18 AM   #19
ichnilatis
Connoisseur
ichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-booksichnilatis has learned how to read e-books

I just gave "Tom Sawyer" as an example and happened to have this complicated first page.

What about the second case with the image above the text? In KOReader is rendered in separate page. I've noticed this in other books too. Could it be displayed in small (original) size?
Old 07-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #20
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I have nothing to add to @NiLuJe's first reply. At 96 DPI in the bottom menu it looks like this (see first attachment).

The preferred setting for my screenshot would normally be 300 DPI instead, since that will yield the intended size on a Kobo Aura One.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-07-03_13-27-17.png
Views:	20
Size:	446.5 KB
ID:	188007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-07-03_13-30-56.png
Views:	22
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	188008  
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:44 AM   #21
ichnilatis
Connoisseur

You're right. It solves this problem. I had this option set to 212, that is my device's dpi.

So, only the problem of the first case remains ...
Old 07-03-2021, 10:12 AM   #22
ichnilatis
Connoisseur

I give you my edition of the book scrambled, if needed for future reference.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #23
ichnilatis
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
See what I said above, except that if it's out of copyright you can just link to it or upload it.
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-873415850