Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
What is the dog-eared corner in thumbnail view?

What does the dog-eared bottom right corner in thumbnails in file manager / history views mean? I presume it means the book has been opened or has some stored settings / cache (.sdr?). But then why do all of the books I have already read have it, but not the one I just finished? I don't think I have done anything particularly different with this one (but it could be that for the others I occasionally did some style change, and not for the last one).

[*] I've just reopened the last book, applied some style changes (disable some tweak, change word spacing), and it still does not have the dog ear.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:18 PM   #2
mergen3107
Margins dominator
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3 (5.9.7 JB)
Maybe you marked the book as “Finished” in Book status? (Where you also give a star rating)
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #3
mergen3107
Margins dominator
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3 (5.9.7 JB)
Ah no sorry, it’s not that
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
hius07
Guru
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
It means the book has been opened. If you purge *.sdr for this book, the dogear should disappear.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:43 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@Jellby: I don't quite recall when I fixed that, so never mind me if you're up to date, but I fixed a weird bug in the last few months where if you had ever opened a floating menu widget (e.g., calibre metadata search), its refresh dimensions would be inherited by other menu widgets (e.g., the FM). That had the unfortunate side-effect of perfectly cleanly cutting out the dog-ears ;p.

----

Other than that, @hius07 is correct, it only appears for books that have been opened (e.g., have a sidecar metadata file). Which means it definitely should for your last book. Anything specific about its path?
(Note that FM/History/Collections each have a different setting for this).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:08 PM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm on the second-to-last stable (I'll upgrade to 2021.06 right away). The book has definitely been opened, and if I reopen it remembers the last position, but still shows no dog ear. Long-tapping in file manager view shows a greyed-out "Remove .sdr", while it seems to be fine for other files (with dog ear). Nothing special about the path, it's in the same directory as the other books, and the only "strange" character is a space, but others have it too (unless there's some weird invisible character by mistake).

If dictionary search is a "floating menu", I'm guilty as charged. Actually around the time I noticed, a dictionary search seemed stuck, so I restarted KOReader, after that the search worked normally, but still see no dog ear for this book (I haven't tried opening a new one yet).
Old 06-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, well, if the "Purge .sdr" option is grayed out, then it's definitely breaking the sidecar detection for some reason...
Old 06-28-2021, 03:37 PM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Updated KOReader, rebooted device, checked SD card on the computer (no apparent issues, but there was indeed no sdr directory for this book), re-opened the book, marked as reading, marked as finished... Now the dog ear is there (and I guess the sdr directory). I don't know what fixed it, though.

What exactly is stored in the sidecar? Because reading position and settings were apparently saved even though the directory was missing. Or were they "saved" in memory only? (but still, I think I restarted KOReader, which should have cleared the memory, and the reading position was restored).
Old 06-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Filesystem Gremlins?

IIRC, there's a fallback in place for read-only filesystems (because external SD cards and Android, or something), which might have explained why the settings would have stuck, but I don't quite remember how said fallback works... ^^.

(Because, otherwise, the answer to your question would be "everything document-specific", short of some part of the document's metadata which is duplicated in an SQLite DB for the FM the first time the file is browsed).