Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
rsturgill
rsturgill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Email Delivery without Encryption

I'm continuing to expand my utilization of Calibre's features and am ready to try email delivery of automatically downloaded subscriptions.

I'd like to use the Mail Server option, but my service provider doesn't support TLS or SSL on their outgoing server. It seems that Calibre only allows these two options...'no encryption' doesn't seem possible with the radio buttons.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to use a Mail Server without encryption?
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Create a free gmail account and use that to send the mails
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
email transfer, encryption, subscription