Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #181
Inagua
Inagua began at the beginning.

Device: pb pro 903
I would love to have a VPN client on the pocketbook. In this way I could do literature research on scientific topics within the journals my university's library has subscribed to. Also it would be possible to go online at universities that only let you go online when running a vpn client.
Inagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #182
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inagua View Post
I would love to have a VPN client on the pocketbook. In this way I could do literature research on scientific topics within the journals my university's library has subscribed to. Also it would be possible to go online at universities that only let you go online when running a vpn client.
me too!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #183
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
+1 !!!
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #184
PocketBook USA
PocketBook USA began at the beginning.

Device: 902, 701 IQ, 602, 302, 360, 301
We invite you to visit us on Facebook and post your requests and recommendations in our discussion board there as well. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?...86947021335138
PocketBook USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #185
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Facebook for support? You've just lost me completely, and I suspect a number of other privacy-conscious users.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #186
Inagua

I think that facebook is only meant as an additional support platform -- you do not have to use it. I think it's cool that they give support on facebook as well.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #187
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Quote:
I think that facebook is only meant as an additional support platform -- you do not have to use it. I think it's cool that they give support on facebook as well.
It might be more useful if accessible without needing a facebook account and to login to see the page itself.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #188
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
It might be more useful if accessible without needing a facebook account and to login to see the page itself.
second that
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #189
quai de Jemmapes
quai de Jemmapes began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 903
I don't have a facebook account and I will not make one for the occasion... it is my opinion that PB should seriously reflect on its market position and, eventually, to make some choices regarding its target clients... I am pretty sure that they ignore who their clients are...
quai de Jemmapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:25 AM   #190
gruen
gruen began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 603
Facebook, - without me!
gruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #191
Thierry.C
Connoisseur
Thierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura about

Device: none yet
And without me!

I can not understand the companies that use Facebook or the-like for anything other than increasing their "visibility".
By using that kind of platform, the only (unfortunate) consequences that can arise are:

1) Dispersing the effort (support) and the information.
2) Leaving the feeling for some users to be abandoned, "leftover" (frustration).

New media can be useful, but also misused!

Thierry
Thierry.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #192
donbex
donbex began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
I really do hate Facebook... but here's something constructive (sorry for repeating myself): why not use a true bug-tracking platform?
It souldn't be too much difficult to set up Bugzilla, and it offers a great deal of flexibility (see Bugzilla for deteils). Even Facebook uses it.
Otherwise, as the Pocketbook-free project is hosted on SourceForge, a zero-effort solution could be to simply use the SourceForge bug-tracker.
donbex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #193
Inagua

What just came to my mind: Besides having a VPN client on such a device, it also would be cool if you could just mark a region with your stylus and then zoom in.

A bugtracker would be awesome as well.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #194
Thierry.C
Connoisseur
Thierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura about

Device: none yet
Quote:
What just came to my mind: Besides having a VPN client on such a device, it also would be cool if you could just mark a region with your stylus and then zoom in.

A bugtracker would be awesome as well.
+1 for a bug-tracker

+1 for a "strike-zoom" (but not "then", "immediatly" zoom)
==> e.g. / up shape to zoom and \ down shape to unzoom. Some CAD application do that very well (and Sony PRS x50).

Thierry
Thierry.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #195
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
- a hotkey option for the ZOOM window! (should be easily implementable)
while reading newspapers and magazines one needs to jump back and forth alot.
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote