Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
tabbycat
tabbycat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can my Mom and I share e-books?

My Sony Reader PRS-505 is on it's way and as my Mom (who lives across the country) has the same machine, I'm wondering if we can somehow share e-books??? I have yet to register on the Sony Book site, so if there's something special I can do so we can share our downloads, I would be appreciative of any advice!

I'm also wondering if it's possible to "borrow" books from a library? What format should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Last edited by tabbycat; 03-19-2009 at 08:01 AM.
tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can share books if you register your Readers to the same account.

For library books you'd want epub if possible. PDF will also work on the 505. These are sometimes called 'Digital Editions'.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
If you use the same account in Sony store you can share the books. Any library that offers PDF or EPUB eBooks should work with the Reader (you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbycat View Post
My Sony Reader PRS-505 is on it's way and as my Mom (who lives across the country) has the same machine, I'm wondering if we can somehow share e-books??? I have yet to register on the Sony Book site, so if there's something special I can do so we can share our downloads, I would be appreciative of any advice!

I'm also wondering if it's possible to "borrow" books from a library? What format should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Welcome to MobileRead, tabbycat. Enjoy the forums!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote