Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Please don't let our PRS-500s get torched.

Folks,

Aside from the crummy firmware update fiasco, if you like your PRS-500 [or not], please leave a quick [or detailed] review on Amazon because this Sony beauty is getting torched by reviewers who drop they readers, they break, and then post bad reviews blaming Sony for their "accident".

I like my reader and I still use it almost daily.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_rdp_product

Thanks,
Fabian.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
BUMP!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 04:57 AM   #3
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
done
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:00 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why does it matter if the 500 gets bad reviews on Amazon? It's not a current product. What matters more is if the 505 gets bad reviews.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
so why did you Bump! this thread yesterday

personally, I can only comment on the 500, and as I said in my review it does exactly what it says on the tin.

If I'm buying an electronic item and see that the previous version was was good and the current version has got better, I'd much rather buy that than an alternative that improved on a bad initial version (which may end up just being not quite so bad).
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert