Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Fire 10 Went Crazy!

3 Days ago I couldn't do a Thing with my Fire. It had this Pop up Stating the Fire was Updating. Last I checked before this it was at 5.1.1.... Anyway It was like Froze. So I left it plugged in & alone. 15 mins ago I heard this Weird noise from it. & checked it. Update is Now 5.1.2 & I decide to try DL more movies. In checking my space left on the Main HD there was a Great Deal of Space Available which was Not there a Few days ago. I checked the SDCard... 80% space Left! ALL the movies had been Transferred to the SDCARD!!! WTHeck! Yes this is Where they were suppose to be BUT were Not going. Guessing Amazon Fixed the dang Software.

What do you Techy Folks think happened?

Noe it only taking 45 mins to Hour to DL a Movie! Cool

Last edited by Barbara1955; 03-25-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:19 AM   #2
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Katie,

Hope your problems are over with the Fire 10..like I said in the past learning to love my 10 more every day. So sorry you have has soooooo many problems. Maybe after the update things will work better for you.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2016, 02:00 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh Me 2... I DL about 8 movies so far Just in the past 10 hours! Every thing seems to be Behaving like it should on it now.... Thankfully. I was so pi$$ed at the darn Fire I almost thru it through the Bedroom Window! So I just plugged it into the wall & except for DL Movies adv 1 a Day! I ignored it. Since there didn't seem to be anything else I hadn't tried. sigh...well its over Now maybe I can just Enjoy using it
Old 05-18-2016, 06:12 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

This is getting Annoying! Dang Fire is acting up Again! Locked me out 48 hours ago saying it was Optomizing Files ?? Then when I got up it was Still doing it. So I tried again to close it down & reboot it worked but went right back to Optomising Files ???
After 1 hour it Stop but then the dang thing wouldn't do any thing so I rebooted again Then it said it didnt have the SDCard ??? Finally 24 hours it said it had SDCard! & it said everything on it was there. But then is said I had 8gigs of storage left on the SDCard & 8 Left on the Fire Hard Drive BUT I didn't have enough room to Down Load any books Nor open the ones I had on it ??? 3 hours ago it Locked up Again! I finally got it Turned off... To tell the truth I sacred to turn it back on it acting crazy! This is the 2nd time this has happened since I 1st started this thread. I really no clue what going on..... ANY IDEAS?????
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'd say bad or incompatible SD card. If not that a factory reset is in order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

This morning I took off the kids case I had it in....thinking maybe the case was making it too hot to operate correctly. Had problems with my K3 locking up cutting off when it was in a case. Time will tell IF it has the same problems I remove the SDCard as you suggested. The SDCard IS the one Amazon said to use with it..... guess I could have got a lemon ugh
Old 05-18-2016, 02:38 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
This morning I took off the kids case I had it in....thinking maybe the case was making it too hot to operate correctly. Had problems with my K3 locking up cutting off when it was in a case. Time will tell IF it has the same problems I remove the SDCard as you suggested. The SDCard IS the one Amazon said to use with it..... guess I could have got a lemon ugh
Stick the SD card in a computer and reformat it. Then put it in the fire.
Sounds like a corrupted file.
Now yes, you will have to put everything back on the card.
Except whatever you put on it right before it went crazy.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Stick the SD card in a computer and reformat it.
If you do this I recommend using SD Formatter from the SD Association and not Windows or another OS's built in formatting...

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:51 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks a million.
Bookmarking your post.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:02 AM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I took the SDCard out & put it in my PC ...windows 8.1 OS I didn't get a chance to Do anything to it. A popup came up said there were bad files & for 4 hours it sat there not seemingly doing any thing..but a window say it was Fixing it. Then the Popup change to I could remove the SDCard safely. So I put it back in the Fire & it works fine. So now its a wait & see time will tell I will not know which it is the case or the SDCard.....sigh
Old 05-19-2016, 12:43 AM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I took the SDCard out & put it in my PC ...windows 8.1 OS I didn't get a chance to Do anything to it. A popup came up said there were bad files & for 4 hours it sat there not seemingly doing any thing..but a window say it was Fixing it. Then the Popup change to I could remove the SDCard safely. So I put it back in the Fire & it works fine. So now its a wait & see time will tell I will not know which it is the case or the SDCard.....sigh
Since it said bad files. My guess would be the card. Glad putting it in the computer fixed it.