Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Adobe authorisation error for one book only

Hi

I bought 4 books yesterday and 1 this morning, all Adobe DRM epubs.

One of the books is giving me this message when I try to open it with Adobe Digitial Editions

"E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

According to Adobe this means Kobo needs to reset the activation. I've emailed them but as this has never happened to me before i'm just wondering if this is something they will understand and fix easily. There's nothing wrong with my authorisation as all my other books open okay.

I want to add the book to Calibre so I need to download it to my pc which is what I was using Adobe for.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
String
String began at the beginning.

Device: Aura One, Aura HD, Forma, Mini, Sage
I had the same problem with a book, it would not download any format. They were never able to fix the Adobe Editions one only the epub version.
If you do get a fix I would like to hear.
String is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
DRM's are such a pain and so disrespectful of those who choose to purchase ebooks.
I never dealt with those so I cannot offer advice but I hope you find a solution to that artificially created problem.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
One of the books is giving me this message when I try to open it with Adobe Digitial Editions

According to Adobe this means Kobo needs to reset the activation.
This is correct. I had the same issue a few years back with a book bought at a Dutch book store. I contacted Customer Care and within two hours I received an email that it was fixed.
They removed the book from my account and replaced it with a "fresh" copy of the book.
I could download the acsm file which ADE 'converted' to a valid epub.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
This is correct. I had the same issue a few years back with a book bought at a Dutch book store. I contacted Customer Care and within two hours I received an email that it was fixed.
They removed the book from my account and replaced it with a "fresh" copy of the book.
I could download the acsm file which ADE 'converted' to a valid epub.
Thank you Anak, hopefully I'll hear from Kobo when they are back at work.
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Hi

I bought 4 books yesterday and 1 this morning, all Adobe DRM epubs.

According to Adobe this means Kobo needs to reset the activation. I've emailed them but as this has never happened to me before i'm just wondering if this is something they will understand and fix easily. There's nothing wrong with my authorisation as all my other books open okay.

I want to add the book to Calibre so I need to download it to my pc which is what I was using Adobe for.
This error is due to credit card/device changes or user information change.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

[QUOTE=jackastor;2904988]This error is due to credit card/device changes or user information change.

regards

Jack[/QUOTE

I'm still waiting to hear back from kobo but considering this only happened to 1 of the 5 books I bought at the same time I find it hard to believe there's that kind of user generated problem with book number 2 and not for books 1, 3, 4, and 5.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
[QUOTE=Josieb1;2905009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
This error is due to credit card/device changes or user information change.

regards

Jack[/QUOTE

I'm still waiting to hear back from kobo but considering this only happened to 1 of the 5 books I bought at the same time I find it hard to believe there's that kind of user generated problem with book number 2 and not for books 1, 3, 4, and 5.
Fair enough, I guess bottom line is waiting for the results, which like a paternity test are never fast enough.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

[QUOTE=jackastor;2906698]
Quote:

Fair enough, I guess bottom line is waiting for the results, which like a paternity test are never fast enough.

regards

Jack
I think kobo have forgotten about me as I still haven't heard anything but the update is I finally was able to download it and it's now safely loaded into Calibre. Maybe they fixed it and never bothered to tell me! Who knows, but anyway it's no longer an issue,