Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Brelywi
Brelywi began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Notes in PDFs?

Let me start off by saying that i know nothing about linux, its operations, or its extensions. I know so little of this that, in fact, I'm not sure where to even go to learn about this stuff and it's relevance to the iLiad (and btw, if anyone can point me to a good guide to that, I'd be much obliged).

That being said, I am having a bit of trouble operating my iLiad with some of the custom functions (when I can get them to work at all).

I followed the https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17342 Noob guide to install the developer's program, so I have that. My main question is, is there any way to open a blank page in the middle of a PDF? I'm a student, and I'm using my iLiad to scribble on the slides that my professors post online, which are usually in PDF format. However, when a slide doesn't have enough room, is there any way that I can open up a new note page in the middle of the document so I can continue writing?
Brelywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:28 AM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
No, there's no way to modify the PDF on the iliad. The scribbles are held in a separate file, so even writing on a PDF is not really writing *on* a PDF (if you see what I mean).

One approach you could take is to pre-process the PDFs and place them in a larger page size so that you have large margins at the side or bottom or to add additional blank pages at the end and jump to those when you need extra space (you could even add hyperlinks).

Doing something like this (on your PC, not the iliad) would require additional software (which you can get for free, even for windows). One way to do this would be to use latex (MikTex for windows). If you want to go down this route I could help out with how to automate what you want to do using latex.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
Brelywi
Brelywi began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Ah yeah, that'd be great!! Thanks so much. Looking over this forum, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I don't know, kind of like Chemistry class lol

But I do appreciate any help you can give me!
Brelywi is offline   Reply With Quote