Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #16
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
No they are not. Please provide a link.

Regardless of what you THINK, they are showing up for me when I use my Australian account. They do not show up if I log via a New York server.

The Ray Bradbury Stories Volume 1:v. 1 is $18.70. It has two customer reviews, one five star by "Bornintime", the other four by "Pointy".

Volume 2 is the same price and has no reviews.

Dandelion Wine is $6.31 and has also has 301 reviews. All of them have a "The price was set by the publisher" disclaimer.

I have just added screen captures.

Do you still insist that they are not available - in some demographics?

Last edited by DarkScribe; 11-05-2012 at 02:02 AM.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoddess View Post
A few Bradbury books yes, but not the two volumes of Stories, unless they went back on sale this afternoon.
You could try this link, it might work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/B008...kd#reader-link

It is to a sample read. If it does, click back on the book title.

Last edited by DarkScribe; 11-05-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
You could try this link, it might work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/B008...kd#reader-link

It is to a sample read. If it does, click back on the book title.
I tried the link and it indeed took me to the Kindle edition, but unfortunately where the price should have been were the words, "Currently unavailable."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #19
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I tried the link and it indeed took me to the Kindle edition, but unfortunately where the price should have been were the words, "Currently unavailable."
I know that quite often Australia has books available that are not sold in the US because of our reduced length of copyright, but in this case I can't imagine why this would be happening. Unless it is to do with Harper Collins and an agreement they might have with various distributors.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Regardless of what you THINK, they are showing up for me when I use my Australian account. They do not show up if I log via a New York server.

And regardless of what you say, the do not show up for me or for the O.P.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #21
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And regardless of what you say, the do not show up for me or for the O.P.
Regardless of what I say?

In response to the OP, not you, I gave a link that works (unfortunately without option to purchase) for others. Amazon often restricts availability by geographic demographics - surely you are aware of that?

I made no claim other than that they are available to me and even though your attitude is insulting, I gave you screen caps to show that.

Are you just determined to be offensive? You are insinuating that I am not being truthful. Why are you doing that?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Maybe you should ask Amazon? Sometimes they know.

I know that some major authors have stipulations in their contracts that returns their rights to the story to their estate at their death. This allows the executor/trustee to make decisions. Since author's copyright varies from country to country, I wouldn't be surprised if it were available some places and not others. Just my thoughts.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Oh, come on, please.

Let's all be pleasant to one another. Can we do that?

Obviously, some Bradbury titles are available from Australia, when one has an account there. For other accounts [other countries], the titles are no longer available.

We all like Bradbury. Let's honor him and be nice to one another.

Personal note: I love his work.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
actually, i don't much care for Bradbury. His writing is beautiful, but it's mostly too melancholy (if not outright depressing) for my taste.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I too was able to navigate to the book page using the given link but got this with no buy button:

"Pricing information not available.
Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here.
Formats
Amazon Price New from Used from
Paperback -- -- $128.48"

I still think it's being pulled because of a re-release coming up. That's the usual cause.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote