Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Share passages from kindle paperwhite

I have a few personal documents on my kindle paperwhite. If i want to share the highlighted areas from the text on Facebook , it wont let me. I converted the document with calibre , clicked the sharing option,edited the ASIN also with metaeditor ,cdtype - EDOC....but it wont work. I am getting an email from amazon with an error message. How can i manage to share the text i want? Thank you
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
I doubt it is available for pdocs, as the sharing is part of public notes / highlights. Thus limited to purchased (including free) kindle-books. And some books might have that feature disabled.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

You can share passages from personal docs on Facebook. I do it on occasion, but I never use calibre to create my books, I use Kindle Previewer and then Send To Kindle to put them in the Cloud. The error might be a calibre issue or it might be a side load issue as I'm not sure if side loaded books can share passages.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
You can share passages from personal docs on Facebook. I do it on occasion, but I never use calibre to create my books, I use Kindle Previewer and then Send To Kindle to put them in the Cloud. The error might be a calibre issue or it might be a side load issue as I'm not sure if side loaded books can share passages.
Ah thank you, Amazon is not clear about it. That it needs to be archived or in cloud makes a lot of sense.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That's handy info.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert