Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
kbs
kbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-books

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
search/api index of ebooks?

My apologies if this question has been answered before and I've missed it (or this subject is verboten for any reason.)

There is so much beautifully formatted material here; and I'm wondering if there is an API, or even a downloadable database that allows searching, and presents results with descriptions, thumbnails, and direct links to the associated ebook?

[ I understand there's a way to do that today by using the search box in the e-book index sub-forum, but it doesn't seem to have descriptions, or a way to get hold of things programatically. ]

Ie: Akin to the feedbooks API, (eg: a query for "christie" ) is there a way to present a search term from say, a mobile app, and get back a list of book titles with thumbnails, descriptions, and links to the associated content, which can then be downloaded and so on?

If not, has someone done any work in this area already; or suggestions for how this might be possible?

Thanks!
-kb
kbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
api search