Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #196
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
andyafro, I wish you well in you nonsmoking effort. I know how hard it is. I stopped many times, but the hard thing is not starting again. I haven't smoked now for many years.

It was only recently that some people 'fessed up to downloading. We try to defend those principles that we hope will encourage an eBook industry, though we do not agree on what that means.

This thread has become sort of a cops 'n robbers dialog with the robbers in the inhibited minority. I perfectly understand your reaction in your earlier post. Not too long ago we had a spate of hostility in one or two of the threads and we are a little sensitive to the possibility of flaming.

We try to be good eFriends here and pretty much say what we feel. I hope you will continue to join us.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #197
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Baen does, sometimes, include a CD, not only of the hardback book you buy - in many formats, but also many of their other books.
Not only that but those cd's are made available online freely, legally with the blessing of Baen in several places.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #198
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Baen does, sometimes, include a CD, not only of the hardback book you buy - in many formats, but also many of their other books.
Thanks for the tip slayda!

I have looked at Baen before and most of the subject matter doesn't really interest me. This being said I think that fact is enough for me to pay them another visit. It would be nice to be able to support those that are progressive enough to think of the consumer in this way when making their product decisions.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote