Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
lpoollou174
lpoollou174 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Vertical lines on screen?

Hello Everybody, Greetings from Liverpool, England. I do hope some of you guys may be able to help me with this, or point me in the right direction... have a ereader PRS600 and have noticed whilst cleaning it with soft tissue paper I now have lines running vertically down the right hand side of the screen.. Is this fixable?? Sony have quoted £128 for a new screen I was reading "somewhere" about moving the margins? or do a hard reset? any suggestions would me most appreciated as this is not mine, it belongs to a friend...arrghhh...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212 - Copy.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	60888  

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 11-09-2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: moved to the Sony forums
lpoollou174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

That looks painful ... You may need to pop to the Sony threads - let me see if I can get this question moved for you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Andresita
Andresita began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Help

I have a Sony Ebook reader 505. Yesterday I accidentally dropped it on the floor and now the screen looks like the picture shows.
I don't think the screeen broken, but I'm not sure.
Any idea?

Thanks!

Andresita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
If it looks like the above picture (your pics not showing) then indicates broken screen substrate and not fixable without physical replacement... sorry for giving bad news but...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote