Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
This Cold is Short-Circuiting my Brain

Can I get a couple of Hallelujahs?

Shel
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm, that's not usually what i want when i have a cold short-circuiting my brain, but whatever makes you happy :

"a couple of hallelujahs" ! take those with some hot ginger, honey and lemon tea, and go to bed.

feel better soon.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hallelujah!

I'm finally getting over mine. Think I'm going to make a cup of hot chocolate anyway. With lots of marshmallows
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post

Shel
Hallelujah, Halleluuuuuuu-uhh-jah....

ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Hallelujah, Halleluuuuuuu-uhh-jah....

I saw Rufus Wainwright in concert (guy singing that song) and he was incredible. His voice is unbelievable. Do a youtube search of him singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow."
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:

Shel
I prefer this one. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rf36v0epfmI
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I prefer this one:

montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I just realized the Shrek version Ravenne posted isn't Rufus Wainwright (I just assumed). Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlQrkxpptgc
Old 01-29-2009, 02:40 AM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ummmm.... ok.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #10
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:

Shel
I think a couple of hot water bottles would be a more sensible option?
I have one with a fluffy Tinkerbell cover at work - it keeps me warm, stimulates conversation and amuses my colleagues.
Now that I think about it, hallelujahs would produce at least two of those three effects.....
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The cold hasn't short-circuited my brain. Must have a bit of troll in my ancestry. It played holy hell with the electronics in my truck, though.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Hollie
Hollie doesn't litterHollie doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505/RC
Quote:

Shel

Seeing is you're from the frozen North I'm assuming you meant cold as in BRRR and not cold as in ACHOO. I could be wrong though. If it's more towards BRRR then I hear you. We just got another 8 inches here yesterday. I've been spending my days wondering why I still live in New England. If it's ACHOO then bless you.
Hollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post

Seeing is you're from the frozen North I'm assuming you meant cold as in BRRR and not cold as in ACHOO. I could be wrong though. If it's more towards BRRR then I hear you. We just got another 8 inches here yesterday. I've been spending my days wondering why I still live in New England. If it's ACHOO then bless you.
The original post meant cold as in "achoo". Although come to think of it, the BRRR variety has done a fair share of short circuiting things as well.