Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #16
tlo07
tlo07 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I just got my nook a couple of days ago. I was worried about there being a nook2 just around the corner but decided to buy one now anyway. If the nook2 is fantastic and I decide I can't live without one, I'll buy one and pass my original nook on to my daughter. Meanwhile, I'm reading like a madwoman my little nook. Its great!
tlo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:45 AM   #17
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
I just got my nook a couple of days ago. I was worried about there being a nook2 just around the corner but decided to buy one now anyway. If the nook2 is fantastic and I decide I can't live without one, I'll buy one and pass my original nook on to my daughter. Meanwhile, I'm reading like a madwoman my little nook. Its great!
Congrats! Enjoy your Nook.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #18
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
The Nook has to roll out a better device to make it more competitive with the iPad and other multi-purpose devices.There are rumors, too, that Amazon is releasing a colored, touch-capable third-generation eReader this year.
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #19
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookoffers View Post
The Nook has to roll out a better device to make it more competitive with the iPad and other multi-purpose devices.There are rumors, too, that Amazon is releasing a colored, touch-capable third-generation eReader this year.
Wow I have not heard those rumors. The last interview I saw, Jeff Bezos said that a color screen was still not viable and that he would not produce a Kindle with a color screen until it met Amazons standards. I assume that he means page turn speed and price. This was on the Charlie Rose show when the K3 was announced.

I am sure that the Nook 2 will have new features. If it was going through the approval process as the K3 was announced, the features will not be a direct response to the K3.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
For my purposes, nook 2 should have landscape view and zoom when reading PDF.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #21
RedCylon
RedCylon began at the beginning.

I notice that on the Barnes and Noble Homepage, the nook advertisement is no longer front and center like it used to be. Precursor to something new coming? I hope so.
Combine that with the nook 2 rumors and the planned marketing scheme B & N has for nook which should start soon, I'm hoping we'll get an official announcement. If not, I'll finally break down and just buy a Nook.
RedCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #22
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCylon View Post
I notice that on the Barnes and Noble Homepage, the nook advertisement is no longer front and center like it used to be. Precursor to something new coming? I hope so.
Combine that with the nook 2 rumors and the planned marketing scheme B & N has for nook which should start soon, I'm hoping we'll get an official announcement. If not, I'll finally break down and just buy a Nook.
I know I'm sooo ready for at least an announcement that includes what the new features will be.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #23
cynvision
cynvision began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Wow I have not heard those rumors. The last interview I saw, Jeff Bezos said that a color screen was still not viable and that he would not produce a Kindle
If that's the same Charlie Rose show I saw, he was being rather down about being a device making company for the sake of being one of umpteen companies chasing after Apple and its pad. Two month later I hear reports Amazon has a 'lab' and is working on 'the next big' thing... Cagey fellow, Mr. Bezos is...
cynvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #24
Logiedan
Logiedan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
http://ireaderreview.com/2010/09/05/...-on-sept-11th/

It's an interesting observation, and it could very well have some merit. I'm very interested in seeing what Barnes and Noble has in store for the next version of the Nook, and September 11th would be a great date for me because my Kindle 3 doesn't ship until around September 17th.
Logiedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #25
Illusion
Illusion began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
http://ireaderreview.com/2010/09/05/...-on-sept-11th/

It's an interesting observation, and it could very well have some merit. I'm very interested in seeing what Barnes and Noble has in store for the next version of the Nook, and September 11th would be a great date for me because my Kindle 3 doesn't ship until around September 17th.
It's more like a wishful thinking.
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #26
CPhill505
CPhill505 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-600
Sometimes I hate the internet. I've been watching news about the Nook since last December. I found when I tried it out that I kept trying to use the e-ink screen as a touch screen. I finally decided to get the Sony 600 or maybe even the 900...but no, I now have to wait until the 11th to make sure that a new Nook won't be announced.
A normal person would walk into B&N and say "this is cool..I'll take it." ...analysis paralysis OMG! I'm turning into my husband!!
CPhill505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #27
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
ha! I do the same thing CPhill505. I've come to learn to research my ass off and just buy it when I need it. Then stop paying attention to the market because there's always something better just around the corner.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #28
SandyBrooks
SandyBrooks began at the beginning.

Device: Sony pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
It's more like a wishful thinking.
Maybe not Sept 11, but I do think there is a pattern to price reductions right before a new model comes out. Unless of course they are just essentially lowering the price to compete with the kindle 3.
SandyBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #29
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhill505 View Post
Sometimes I hate the internet. I've been watching news about the Nook since last December...but no, I now have to wait until the 11th to make sure that a new Nook won't be announced.
I'm giving BN until October to announce a new nook. If not, I will stick to a K3.
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #30
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'd really hate to see it out so soon, if only because I just bought it LOL, well, it's at least a 30 day return, so perhaps I can return it for the Nook 2 if it does come out in the next couple days.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote