Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
H1 now blue, underlined, in ade

When I switched up to Calibre 0.7.4, my tocs now all turned blue, and my h1 styles (and sometimes h2) are all now blue, underlined, and act like a hyperlink (even tho they don't connect to anything) with epub output, when viewed in ADE, sony library, barnes & noble/pc,
Not the case in calibre viewer, nor firefox epub reader.
Exact same source file I conjured a week ago. So was there something wrong before I couldn't see, or is it just me?
-bjc
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
weird, can you attach a source file that results in this when converted to epub?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Santa claus attached:
My original xhtml source & css
calibre-zip file
calibre-generated epub.
Headlines show up as blue & underlined, like they were links, in ade (and apparently, all ade-derivitive softwares), but not in calibre viewer.
No doubt I've been doing something hideously wrong all along, but I have no idea what. Thoughts?

-bjc
Old 06-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
Santa claus attached:
My original xhtml source & css
calibre-zip file
calibre-generated epub.
Headlines show up as blue & underlined, like they were links, in ade (and apparently, all ade-derivitive softwares), but not in calibre viewer.
No doubt I've been doing something hideously wrong all along, but I have no idea what. Thoughts?

-bjc
In your original source you have an anchor <a> tag surrounding the Heading text, for use in the table of contents.

I haven't been able to find a clear statement that the text in such a tag shouldn't be displayed as a link if the tag doesn't have an href attribute (although it seems obvious that it shouldn't), so it not possible to say that ADE's behaviour is a definite bug.

I'd suggest adding the id attribute to your <h...> tags, rather than including an explicit <a> tag. If you really need to use the <a> tag instead, make it an empty <a id="" /> tag instead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer

Hmmmm. The
<h1><a name="_Toc265141132" id="_Toc263862676">
isn't being hand-placed by me, my old friend Word is doing that automagically when I have it build a toc page, or some other hyperlink. (see the reference at the end of Santa and follow it back - there's a blue/underline word there, too, that has the same issue.) An yes, stripping the <a> out fixes the appearance but breaks my hyperlink. <id=""> still leaves the <h1> blue.

Calibre-to-ade didn't do this a week ago, is there a config change I missed? Even if the 'new' way is better and improved? (this kinda thwarts my sense of easy....)

-bjc
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre used to force a CSS level override precisely to get around this ADE rendering bug. I removed that recently because it meant that people whoo wanted their <a> tags styled a certain way couldn't do it because of the override.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
An yes, stripping the <a> out fixes the appearance but breaks my hyperlink. <id=""> still leaves the <h1> blue.
Try stripping out the <a> after Calibre's initial conversion. It looks like Calibre adds its own id tag to the h1 tags for use as a link from the TOC.

But I haven't looked very closely at all the stages of this.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre used to force a CSS level override precisely to get around this ADE rendering bug. I removed that recently because it meant that people whoo wanted their <a> tags styled a certain way couldn't do it because of the override.
So is there something I could put into the css to re-induce this?

-bjc
Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Code:
a { color: inherit; text-decoration: inherit; cursor: default; }
a[href] { color: blue; 'text-decoration: underline; cursor:pointer; }
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer

Quote:
So is there something I could put into the css to re-induce this?

-bjc
Hey, I figured it out! Al by my little lonesome!

A {text-decoration: none; color: black;}

in my css!

Thanks, guys....

-bjc

p.s., oh, hey, yours works better - thanks Kovid! You stilldaman.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Life and Adventures of Santa Claus - L Frank Baum.epub (146.6 KB, 169 views)