Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #511
booxie
booxie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
The firmware of Max2 pro isn't the same as Max2's.
Yeah, you're right. After contacting Onyx yesterday they updated their download site with a Max2Pro firmware 2.0.1.

But i must admit, that i didn't know if i am purchased a Max2Pro if i had knew this before. I thought the Max2 and the Max2Pro do have the same firmware.

Link: http://www.boox.com/downloads/

Last edited by booxie; 01-02-2019 at 03:55 PM.
booxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:50 AM   #512
patbyrneme
patbyrneme began at the beginning.

Device: onyx max
Just received my Boox Max 2. Packaging and build quality are very good.
Only trouble is that doesn't seem to want to charge or turn on! I have tried four different charging cables and plugs all of which are charging my phone and tablet fine.
I can't find the Quick Install printout (BTW this is not available for download in the Boox manuals area) so can't see if I have done something wrong
Can anybody offer any suggestions or should I return the product and request a replacement from Amazon?
Pat
patbyrneme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2019, 05:51 AM   #513
patbyrneme

P. S. This forum software doesn't make it clear how to start a new thread so I am having to piggy back someone else's. Sorry about that...
Old 03-07-2019, 05:55 AM   #514
patbyrneme

Forgot to mention that I purchased my Boox Max2 with a special black cover. The cover was an extremely tight fit.
Also, that a charging light came on the first time I connected it to a charging cable but the light does not appear anymore.
Pat
Old 03-07-2019, 06:01 AM   #515
patbyrneme

Now my Boox Max 2 has started to respond and a charging light has come on. That is weird. Tried charging all day yesterday and it only started now.
Hopefully it will all work OK.
Cheers,
Pat
Advert
Old 03-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #516
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by patbyrneme View Post
P. S. This forum software doesn't make it clear how to start a new thread so I am having to piggy back someone else's. Sorry about that...
At the top of every thread there is a box just above the title bar that says: New Thread. Clicking this will start a new thread.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #517
Arjava
Arjava began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
No Metadata on Version 2.0

And after factory reset,now none of my book show cover,what can I do?
Arjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:28 AM   #518
bastelquastel
bastelquastel began at the beginning.

Device: Max2
Play services always disabling themselves, not being listed under apps to be frozen

A few months ago I wrote that Onyx's update services might be considered okay, because they keep up with trying this and that. After the last update as of April 2019 I'd like to say that a lot of things have improved, for example, one can now immediately start writing into an opened pdf document. Brilliant, actually. Makes the Max2 so much better in usability.

There is something that I have spent hours and hours on, trying to fix it, and maybe someone in this forum knows some help:
Shortly after my last post, google play store stopped working. It will now always ask me for a password and then end itself up, sending me a good bye message saying that I should enable google play services. I cannot update my software anymore and I cannot load new software from this store.
This problem of play services being disabled has got nothing to do with me not following guide lines for store acitivation - I always do as indicated at several places, and have been successful with it before - but with the fact, that play services will always disable themselves after I've enabled them in the apps listing.
I think it has something to do with the fact that google play services are not listed when clicking the freeze symbol (ice crystal on start screen) and hence can not be unfrozen. It is this freezing mechanism that probably keeps them from staying enabled.
And google play store will not work with google play services disabled, nowadays.
Since clearing caches etc. and even downgrading to built in versions (of both google play services and google play store) have not helped (obviously not, if it is really the freezing mechanism that's of bad influence ;-) , I am now seeking for any hint of how I might keep google play services back in the list of applications underneath the ice symbol.

Any hints. Something with adm maybe, or from termux?

(Hope, this thread is still being read -- I would still consider this an "issue with our new Onyx Max2", I guess. Thank you all, in advance.)
bastelquastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:26 AM   #519
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
a line appeared on the screen, not go away, AVOID boox MAX reader! the unit is only two months old, careful in every way, quality control surely needs to get better, alth I'm not gonna touch another boox evar again

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	512.3 KB
ID:	171463

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	711.9 KB
ID:	171464
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:35 AM   #520
Bob Willis
Enthusiast
Bob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastelquastel View Post
A few months ago I wrote that Onyx's update services might be considered okay, because they keep up with trying this and that. After the last update as of April 2019 I'd like to say that a lot of things have improved, for example, one can now immediately start writing into an opened pdf document. Brilliant, actually. Makes the Max2 so much better in usability.

There is something that I have spent hours and hours on, trying to fix it, and maybe someone in this forum knows some help:
Shortly after my last post, google play store stopped working. It will now always ask me for a password and then end itself up, sending me a good bye message saying that I should enable google play services. I cannot update my software anymore and I cannot load new software from this store.
This problem of play services being disabled has got nothing to do with me not following guide lines for store acitivation - I always do as indicated at several places, and have been successful with it before - but with the fact, that play services will always disable themselves after I've enabled them in the apps listing.
I think it has something to do with the fact that google play services are not listed when clicking the freeze symbol (ice crystal on start screen) and hence can not be unfrozen. It is this freezing mechanism that probably keeps them from staying enabled.
And google play store will not work with google play services disabled, nowadays.
Since clearing caches etc. and even downgrading to built in versions (of both google play services and google play store) have not helped (obviously not, if it is really the freezing mechanism that's of bad influence ;-) , I am now seeking for any hint of how I might keep google play services back in the list of applications underneath the ice symbol.

Any hints. Something with adm maybe, or from termux?

(Hope, this thread is still being read -- I would still consider this an "issue with our new Onyx Max2", I guess. Thank you all, in advance.)
I also had issues with my Google Play Store after the update, and I submit this on Feedback on my device. The technical personnel Mr. Wing helped fix it. You could try to submit this on Feedback and it could get fast reply from them.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:39 AM   #521
Bob Willis
Enthusiast
Bob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
a line appeared on the screen, not go away, AVOID boox MAX reader! the unit is only two months old, careful in every way, quality control surely needs to get better, alth I'm not gonna touch another boox evar again

Attachment 171463

Attachment 171464
Something like screen problem? If the line still exists when you turn off the Boox Max. Why not contact the Boox to ask for after sales service since it is still under warranty.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:54 PM   #522
bastelquastel
bastelquastel began at the beginning.

Device: Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Willis View Post
I also had issues with my Google Play Store after the update, and I submit this on Feedback on my device. The technical personnel Mr. Wing helped fix it. You could try to submit this on Feedback and it could get fast reply from them.
This was a good hint. Mr. Wing told me that they had known issues with play services being disabled, and that these will be fixed with firmware version 2.1.2 - which is due to appear at the end of this month. This will mean a fix for all of us. Good news.
bastelquastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:28 AM   #523
Kaitoku
Kaitoku began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max 2
Hello,
Today I tried to use my Max2 but the device is not turning on. After connecting it to the charging cable the power button started blinking in blue and pink lights. What's going on here?
Thank you for your help!
Kaitoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:06 AM   #524
Anonymenet31
Anonymenet31 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx max2
Try on different power supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitoku View Post
Hello,
Today I tried to use my Max2 but the device is not turning on. After connecting it to the charging cable the power button started blinking in blue and pink lights. What's going on here?
Thank you for your help!
Hi!
I had the same issue as you. Thought my battery was dead. But eventually, I was able to put in there some electricity and was able to charge it again.

What worked was to plug it in a usb2 or 3 port of my computer. Just after plugged in, I had the orange led instead of the blinking pink/blue.

After the battery was charged, I get the normal orange led again when I plugin to the usual cable/powersupply.

I believe this is a sign of an end of life of the battery which must be of bad quality. The battery level is going down without use far faster than when I originally bought the device. Maybe I will start recharging it before it hits below than 25% to not be in the case I can't recharge it anymore.

Hope it helps!
Anonymenet31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:26 AM   #525
nohanatus
nohanatus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Device reboots randomly in Monitor function

Hello, ever since I updated my Onyx Boox Max 2 last autumn, it has started to reboot randomly in the Monitor app. This is quite frustrating as I use it to write on Word.
I contacted support, and they said that they are working on the problem. Until then, I wanted to check if anyone of you have experienced the same problem, and if you have any solutions?
nohanatus is offline   Reply With Quote