Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #1
juneloon
juneloon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre crashes on dupes reports page after importing new books

Hello all, I thought I'd report a behavorial change in Calibre for what it's worth. I've been using Calibre for at least several years, but pretty much stick to basics.

I very much appreciate Calibre's check for duplicates when importing books.

That being said, for at least the last three versions, maybe four or so, Calibre hasn't handled well the resolution of what to do with respect to duplicates and crashes. That is, it will present me with a list of duplicates. Could be a couple or could be more, depending on how many books I am importing. While Calibre does not always crash, it does often crash in the following scenarios, but I haven't been able to identify a difference in when it crashes or when it works:

- All the listed books were dupes; I clicked on Cancel.

- All of the listed books were dupes titlewise, but I wanted to import them anyway, so clicked on OK. (I may import "dupes" to compare versions, add an additional format, or other reason)

- Some of the listed books were dupes, some not. I unchecked the ones I didn't want to import, then clicked on OK.

Note Calibre does not always crash in above scenarios, but it often does. This is new behavior but i didn't note what version was installed when it started. The crash generally occurs after I click on Cancel or OK. On rare occasion, it crashes as the page is loading and before I can review the list. The only time I import really large numbers of books at one time are when the books are mostly fiction with very very little graphics. I only done one of those in recent months but I dont a crash for that.

I recently upgraded to Mavericks after skipping Mountain Lion. The crashiing was occurring in Lion (but in time frame of Mountain Lion :-)) I do keep Calibre up to date as revisions are offered.

I have multiple libraries. The largest is about 3,600 titles (with multiple formats for some titles). The crashing upon clicking Cancel or OK on a duplicate reports page has occurred in all the main libraries to which I tend to add books.

That's all I can think of to report about the behavior. Is anyone else experiencing this?

MacBookPro, Mavericks 10.9.2, Calibre 1.27 updated today.
juneloon is offline   Reply With Quote