Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
Fozkas
Connoisseur
Fozkas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Issue back to start of book or chapter

Dear all, first post to seek some help if you please.

I use kobos for some years now (glo, clara and now libra) and sometimes, some sideloaded epubs don't save the page i was reading when i exit the book.

Once i get back to read the book the kobo goes to the start of the book or the chapter i was reading.

Is this a known issue? How can i get around this?

Do i need to convert all my hundreds of books via calibre?

Thank you very much

Last edited by Fozkas; 09-18-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Fozkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I had this happen. At 1st it was only Library ebooks. Now it seems to be any ebook. I Side load ALL my ebooks from Calibre so I know that wont help. Kobos seem to have a Software Clich IMO
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #3
Fozkas
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I had this happen. At 1st it was only Library ebooks. Now it seems to be any ebook. I Side load ALL my ebooks from Calibre so I know that wont help. Kobos seem to have a Software Clich IMO
Thanks for your reply!

On the clara this happened few times so it didn't bother that much.

Now on the Libra it seems all are like this

How do you work around?
Old 09-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There have been issues in some releases with positions being saved; also if the database on the Kobo is slightly corrupted this can happen.

What f/w version are you on?

If you use calibre are any errors reported? Better still use the Kobo Utilities plugin and do a database check.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #5
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Also has been some discussion here that such problems occur in books with a table of contents file that does not exactly match the files in the book.

I have far too many books to go back and fix them all, so I'm hoping Kobo will be able to fix this in a future firmware update.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #6
Fozkas
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There have been issues in some releases with positions being saved; also if the database on the Kobo is slightly corrupted this can happen.

What f/w version are you on?

If you use calibre are any errors reported? Better still use the Kobo Utilities plugin and do a database check.
Hi!
I'm on 4.17.13651 (last libra update)

Calibre doesn't recognise de libra yet (need update)

I'll try the kobo utility to see if something turns up

Even so, maybe i can do a hard reset?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
Fozkas
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Also has been some discussion here that such problems occur in books with a table of contents file that does not exactly match the files in the book.

I have far too many books to go back and fix them all, so I'm hoping Kobo will be able to fix this in a future firmware update.
How can i fix this? Can it be done in bulk via calibre or just one by one?

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #8
Fozkas
Connoisseur

So it seems i may have solved it.

With the kobo plugin in calibre, re sending all the library to device via calibre, not only ot solved the progress save but also "converted" regular epubs to format that has those kobo statistics.

Thanks you all!
Old 09-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozkas View Post
How can i fix this? Can it be done in bulk via calibre or just one by one?

Thanks!
I'm not competent enough yet to offer advice. But there are many skilled and helpful people on these boards, hopefully one of them will assist.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote