Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-27-2019, 08:39 AM   #61
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I updated my Kindle Paperwhite to 5.10.2 last year. I understand that 5.10.2 was then withdrawn and now it's back. Is there something wrong with last year's 5.10.2 and do I need to do something?
It was 5.10.1.1 that was removed from the update page. As far as I know, 5.10.2 did not have issues and was never withdrawn.

MobileRead - Firmware update 5.10.1.1
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #62
mrpops
mrpops began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello reading this thread, could some people make some clarifications for me.

As I understand it, this version breaks the ability to de-drm, correct?

Does this leave the functionality of converting via calibre our epub files into kfx intact and functional? does the update allow kindles on 5.10.2 the ability to view sideloaded books that feature a lower, non current encoded version .kfx file extension book? (so we can retain custom fonts etc)
mrpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #63
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpops View Post
Hello reading this thread, could some people make some clarifications for me.

No idea, I don't use my eink Kindles for de-DRMing my Amazon books.

Quote:
Does this leave the functionality of converting via calibre our epub files into kfx intact and functional? does the update allow kindles on 5.10.2 the ability to view sideloaded books that feature a lower, non current encoded version .kfx file extension book? (so we can retain custom fonts etc)
I don't know about kfx, but converting to azw3 still works as it always has. You can use custom fonts with azw3. Moreover, you can use custom font sizes with azw3 (those never worked with kfx).
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #64
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
It breaks the ability to De-DRM books in KFX format taken from the storage of the device. DeDRM methods for other formats still work.

Quote:
Does this leave the functionality of converting via calibre our epub files into kfx intact and functional?
It does not impact sideloaded KFX books as those do not have DRM. Only KFX books delivered by Amazon with DRM are affected.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #65
mrpops
mrpops began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you for the prompt and insightful response.

I am compiling a list of things to do once I receive the kindle voyage (kv) I purchased, and alongside that it seems it will be to jailbreak it and upgrade all the way up to this firmware.

Someone mentioned they managed to update in another thread, with the latest NiLuJe update.

Please stop me if I have misunderstood, and it is not technically possible.
mrpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #66
kindl3us3r
kindl3us3r began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Can anybody help me on how to convert pdf files to fit pages perfectly on PW4?
What converter should i use? Calibre app does support PW4 now, however, some sentences and images in the converted files are scattered and pages do not look the same with the original pdf file.
kindl3us3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #67
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindl3us3r View Post
Can anybody help me on how to convert pdf files to fit pages perfectly on PW4?
What converter should i use? Calibre app does support PW4 now, however, some sentences and images in the converted files are scattered and pages do not look the same with the original pdf file.
It's not really possible. See here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118605
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:10 AM   #68
kindl3us3r
kindl3us3r began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's not really possible. See here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118605
I see. That's disappointing. Thank you for responding.
kindl3us3r is offline   Reply With Quote