Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 03:26 AM   #46
Farmerj
Farmerj began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and it's been a great source for information.
Just found new videos on YouTube that show case both The Note and Note Pro. Thought I'd do my bit and post links here.

Note
https://youtu.be/6yPabMBuJFs

Note Pro
https://youtu.be/D-lSGD_NcdM

Never owned an eink device before and it seems kind of pricey, so looking forward to see some reviews on the Note once it's released.

Has there been any word on the pricing for the Pro?
Farmerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:45 AM   #47
Farmerj

Also, according to Weibo in China, release was delayed to 7 Feb as Onyx have decided to upgrade it's electro magnetic components on the Note to increase its pressure sensitivity from 2048 to 4096 levels.
Advert
Old 02-05-2018, 05:37 AM   #48
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerj View Post
Has there been any word on the pricing for the Pro?
You can count on there not being 2 different versions. Just like there is no 2 versions of the Max 2. Do not believe any rumors until the onyx page itself has a new version of max 2 or note listed. (Currently only the non pro versions are listed as only ones in each series).

If you look on Amazon, the max 2 product page, there is a answered question.

Quote:
Q: Is this the max 2 or max 2 pro? what is the difference between the two?

A: Dear,

There is no Max2 pro and those who claimed that they have Max2 pro probably Max2.
We are brand owner and only have authentic products and only we can support technical support and maintenance, so please choose the proper buying channel to protect your rights and interests.
Thank you
Yours
Onyx International Inc
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #49
KindleMeAndrey
Enthusiast
KindleMeAndrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Having watched the video, it does appear that there is a distinct Note Pro with HDMI. This is the first place I've seen it, but I believe having two versions (Note and Note Pro with HDMI) has been mentioned before in a trade show video.

I wonder if both will be released on the same day or if the HDMI version will be something that comes out later. I personally would like to have the option, even though I don't anticipate myself using it much at the moment. I suppose there's always VNC, even though that will probably incur some delay and battery drain.

I think Booxtor might be the person to ask about this. He's closer to source than the rest of us.

Last edited by KindleMeAndrey; 02-05-2018 at 01:13 PM.
KindleMeAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #50
bpahsa
bpahsa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a boox note but I was not able to reach booxter since last friday, I wanted to know if it is possible to come to the store in person and buy it there? The phone number they have on their website just rings but no one answers. Do you think they will get the shipment on 7th of February as planned?
bpahsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #51
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

I'd like to add that my emails to Booxter have been going unanswered as well. I've sent two emails as to the status of my order since its been sitting without movement. Not a peep.

Is this just a one man shop or something?
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #52
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
No reply here either...pre-ordered a Boox Note. Here's to hoping we will receive a shipping notification soon!
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #53
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
I also pre-ordered the Note. However, as much as I would like to be proven otherwise, I fully expect there to be some delays. There usually are with the launch of new products.

According to Farmerj in post # 47 of this thread:

Quote:
Also, according to Weibo in China, release was delayed to 7 Feb as Onyx have decided to upgrade it's electro magnetic components on the Note to increase its pressure sensitivity from 2048 to 4096 levels.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=47
So, if the release in China has been delayed, then I expect that Booxtor will get the device later than previously expected which also means that we will receive it later than expected.

Patience is a virtue. I imagine that things are quite hectic right about now both at Onyx and with Booxtor.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #54
Farmerj

According to the comments section on their official Weibo pages again, only a limited number of units (20?) went on sale during the initial launch in China, and now the word is it's delayed again till the 10th.
Hopefully someone closer to the source can validate these claims. In the meantime it's a waiting game.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:56 AM   #55
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
There seems to be some stock already available on Taobao, if Google Translate is pointing in the right direction:

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=onyx+b...tton&catId=100

I hope Booxtor will update us soon on his own stock levels.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #56
Simon_31
Enthusiast
Simon_31 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox max, onyx boox note pro, kindle paperwhite
"Expected delivery postponed to end of February 2018"

By chance, I still have a big pile of unread paper books in my backlog ! eh eh !

Last edited by Simon_31; 02-07-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Simon_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #57
KindleMeAndrey
Enthusiast
KindleMeAndrey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard
Post removed by request.

Last edited by KindleMeAndrey; 02-25-2018 at 11:51 PM.
KindleMeAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:06 PM   #58
LittleHouse75
LittleHouse75 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Oh gosh - can *I* buy a note for 350 USD plus shipping?! That would definitely get me off the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMeAndrey View Post
Just got this from Onyx rep:
LittleHouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:39 AM   #59
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleMeAndrey View Post
Just got this from Onyx rep:
This price is really good, I might try to contact them. By the way, could you tell me how did you contact them? Through their official website? Thank you!
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:18 AM   #60
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHouse75 View Post
buy a note for 350 USD plus shipping?!
...And presumably taxes
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote