Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #571
Hakujou
Hakujou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello,

I'm currently planning to buy an Aura H2O device.
Is there a KSM build working on the v2 ?

Also, is page swipping as fast as nickel with kepub ? I'll mainly read mangas so it's important to me.

Thanks
Hakujou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:32 PM   #572
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakujou View Post
Also, is page swipping as fast as nickel with kepub ?
KSM doesn't enable you to read books, just to choose which ebook reading software you want to use. You still need to install different ebook reading software (koreader, plato, coolreader at the moment I know of).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #573
Hakujou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
KSM doesn't enable you to read books, just to choose which ebook reading software you want to use. You still need to install different ebook reading software (koreader, plato, coolreader at the moment I know of).
Yeah, sorry, I meant KoReader.

But is KSM 9 working with H2O2 (v2), do I need patches ? I read about some experimental touch drivers.

Last edited by Hakujou; 02-19-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #574
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure about KSM 9 and H2O2v2 (don't own device), but for me koreader page turns are pretty fast and personally I don't need them to be any faster. But, how does it compare to nickel I can't tell, I don't use nickel at all.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #575
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
Question

*POST DELETED*

Last edited by celticchrys; 02-22-2019 at 10:38 AM.
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:36 AM   #576
Hakujou

Thanks for the feedback Alan. Do anyone with an H2O2v2 can confirm there's a way to make it work (KSM, not KoReader) ?
Old 02-27-2019, 07:04 AM   #577
hairspray
hairspray began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Sorry if it's been asked before but is it safe to install KSM09 on Kobo Aura One with firmware 4.12.12111? The first message of the thread states KSM 09 is supposed to work under FW 4.11.11911 and likely higher versions but couldn't find an exact answer.

Thanks
hairspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:58 PM   #578
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairspray View Post
Sorry if it's been asked before but is it safe to install KSM09 on Kobo Aura One with firmware 4.12.12111? The first message of the thread states KSM 09 is supposed to work under FW 4.11.11911 and likely higher versions but couldn't find an exact answer.

Thanks
It works with firmware 4.12.12111.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:36 PM   #579
ameinias
a person
ameinias began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O E1
I love KSM, it's great.

I have KSM09_update001, update002, vlasovsoftlauncher,plato,koreader,nickel, and qFrotz installed.

I just ran into this issue:

As far as I can tell, everything is working fine except for qFrotz.
I am having the same issue as the person in this post, except in qFrotz. The whole visual of the screen is rotated 190 degrees, but the touch points are where they're supposed to be. (So the file menu looks like it's upside down in the bottom-right, but to select it i touch the top-left.)

Also I have a H201, not 2.

I already tried this fix, installing update 2, but the issue remains.

I'll post in the Frotz thread in case it's an issue with Frotz, but it sounds like there have been fixes for this issue with other apps through KSM. I'm sorry if this has been answered before, for some reason I can't search on this forum, and this thread has 39 pages!

Thanks!
ameinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:24 AM   #580
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameinias View Post
I love KSM, it's great.

I have KSM09_update001, update002, vlasovsoftlauncher,plato,koreader,nickel, and qFrotz installed.

I just ran into this issue:

As far as I can tell, everything is working fine except for qFrotz.
I am having the same issue as the person in this post, except in qFrotz. The whole visual of the screen is rotated 190 degrees, but the touch points are where they're supposed to be. (So the file menu looks like it's upside down in the bottom-right, but to select it i touch the top-left.)

Also I have a H201, not 2.

I already tried this fix, installing update 2, but the issue remains.

I'll post in the Frotz thread in case it's an issue with Frotz, but it sounds like there have been fixes for this issue with other apps through KSM. I'm sorry if this has been answered before, for some reason I can't search on this forum, and this thread has 39 pages!

Thanks!
I am glad that you like KSM. Could you please try whether the updated version works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frotz-03-10-2019_ksm.zip (216.9 KB, 261 views)
Old 03-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #581
celticchrys
Enthusiast
celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.celticchrys will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2014 (1st edition)
So, I had no problems getting KSM (with update 002), Koreader, and Plato going. I love that koreader has faster page turns that Nickel (at least on my original H2O). I'd like to try Coolreader as well, though. However, when I copy the "vlasovsoft" folder into .adds, nothing new ever shows up on the KSM menu. How can I get the vlasovsoft apps (coolreader, etc.) to work with KSM?

Last edited by celticchrys; 03-10-2019 at 11:29 AM.
celticchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #582
ameinias
a person
ameinias began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O E1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am glad that you like KSM. Could you please try whether the updated version works for you.
Amazing, thanks!

Do I install this controlled or uncontrolled? For future reference?

I installed it controlled and it works perfectly. Thank you so much!

Last edited by ameinias; 03-10-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: i just went for it
ameinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #583
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameinias View Post
Amazing, thanks!

Do I install this controlled or uncontrolled? For future reference?

I installed it controlled and it works perfectly. Thank you so much!
Thank you for testing!
Old 03-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #584
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
So, I had no problems getting KSM (with update 002), Koreader, and Plato going. I love that koreader has faster page turns that Nickel (at least on my original H2O). I'd like to try Coolreader as well, though. However, when I copy the "vlasovsoft" folder into .adds, nothing new ever shows up on the KSM menu. How can I get the vlasovsoft apps (coolreader, etc.) to work with KSM?
You might have to reboot your device to make vlasovsoft appear in KSM. And depending on the settings, vlasofsoft/coolreader might be hidden in the full menu. Try toggling between the short and full menu.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #585
Alan_S
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
How can I get the vlasovsoft apps (coolreader, etc.) to work with KSM?
Do you look in KSM at full menu?

There's option for KSM to NOT show full menu and it is default, and I think it excludes vlasovsoft. I think I also had that problem.

It can be set to show full menu by default, not sure at the moment how, would need to look at options.