Change Content.opf, save, close and go back in and it's reverted

Hi

I'm having the same problem as below with uploading to Ingramspark

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282146

I get the errors

[ERROR]content.opf: 1,133: URL expected instead of calibre:
[ERROR]content.opf: 40,41: Undecleared prefix: calibre
[ERROR]content.opf: 41,50: Undecleared prefix: calibre

But when I edit and go into content.opf (Right Click, Edit Book) and remove the references as the previous post indicated, save and export and epub3 file I get the same errors. I go back into content.opf and they're back! It's driving me mad and I know it's going to be user error!
grahamnaismith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
By default, Calibre updates the metadata (opf) inside the epub upon export (in Preferences > Save to disk). You need to disable that option.

For that matter, Edit Book/Tweak might be doing the same thing so you'll need to find and disable that option there, too.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try running it through the Modify PI with the Update metadata option unchecked and the Remove non dc: metadata elements option checked.

And if that doesn't satisfy IGS, open the epub in an archive utility like WinRAR or 7Zip and edit the file in place with a regular text editor like TextPad or Notepad++.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-12-2019 at 10:20 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #4
grahamnaismith
grahamnaismith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
By default, Calibre updates the metadata (opf) inside the epub upon export (in Preferences > Save to disk). You need to disable that option.

For that matter, Edit Book/Tweak might be doing the same thing so you'll need to find and disable that option there, too.
Ah ok found that. But yes Edit Book is doing the same thing.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:30 AM   #5
grahamnaismith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Try running it through the Modify PI with the Update metadata option unchecked and the Remove non dc: metadata elements option checked.

And if that doesn't satisfy IGS, open the epub in an archive utility like WinRAR or 7Zip and edit the file in place with a regular text editor like TextPad or Notepad++.

BR
Before I go down the manual edit route, how do I modify PI? Sorry, I'm a newbie (but very impressed with how quick the responses are here - thought it would be months!)
Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You'll find its thread in here == Index of plugins -

However, in calibre, go to Preferences (Ctrl+P) Plugins, click Get new plugins, click the plugin name header to sort the list, scroll down to the Modify ePub, double click, click OK to the warning, leave toolbar/menu stuff as is, then let it restart.

Now you'll have the Modify ePub icon in the toolbar, select your book and click the Modify icon, set the options previously mentioned and let it rip. If it's not War and Peace should only take a few seconds

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:10 AM   #7
grahamnaismith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You'll find its thread in here == Index of plugins -

However, in calibre, go to Preferences (Ctrl+P) Plugins, click Get new plugins, click the plugin name header to sort the list, scroll down to the Modify ePub, double click, click OK to the warning, leave toolbar/menu stuff as is, then let it restart.

Now you'll have the Modify ePub icon in the toolbar, select your book and click the Modify icon, set the options previously mentioned and let it rip. If it's not War and Peace should only take a few seconds

BR
Got it thanks - ok hear goes!
Old 02-13-2019, 04:30 AM   #8
grahamnaismith

OK all fine but now getting another error - will post a seperate thread. Many thanks for your time fellas - you should do this for a living

Tags
content.opf, saving